Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

Somehow I just doubt that it was 3 hours long...  Unless the throughput is insanely awful, but it doesn't seem no worse to other mazes..

Sanctum being 5 minutes is at least partially down to the location.  It's quite tucked away anyway, and away from all other scare attractions.  The scare zone / walkthrough style set up of the attraction means it probably does have a high throughput too.

Just now, BaronC. said:

Sanctum being 5 minutes is at least partially down to the location.  It's quite tucked away anyway, and away from all other scare attractions.  The scare zone / walkthrough style set up of the attraction means it probably does have a high throughput too.

Would the fact that it’s a short maze (based on literally eveyone’s reviews) increase it’s throughput?

Not really.  With mazes, it's pretty much all down to the time between groups being dispatched.  You could have a maze which takes 10 minutes and a maze which takes 2 minutes have a group go through every 60 seconds in theory, so long as there's enough actors and enough space to separate them throughout the whole maze.

I assume that they'll also be able to batch in bigger groups for Sanctum because of the zone style, which will massively help the throughput.  That's something that Blair Witch was able to do, but the maze didn't suit that idea as well as Sanctum does to be honest.

1 hour ago, BaronC. said:

Somehow I just doubt that it was 3 hours long...  Unless the throughput is insanely awful, but it doesn't seem no worse to other mazes..

I was in the queue for living nightmare when it was supposedly 3 hours long... I was only in the queue for an hour

Living nightmare is possibly the slowest moving queue I have ever been in, however I must admit that it is worth it as your experience is very much just your group. 

Thorpe have also done a really good job of splitting up groups in maze this year: in big top you can be split up in the strobes, by the mirrors section, and the amount I was split up from my group in the final parts with the three doors was unreal. 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic