Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

Can't comment on anything else in your post aside from this...

2 minutes ago, Coco said:

The queues for rides were displaying around 70 minutes in the late afternoon/evening but seemed to take longer (most appeared to only have 1 train on the track for a majority of the day.) And maze queue times were highly inaccurate also; the sign outside Living Nightmare said 60 mins, the app said 45 mins... The actual wait time by the time we got in was just over 2 hours >.< Haha.

The signs outside the mazes go up in values of 30 up to 2 hours (So "Up to..." 30, 60, 90; 120").  It's harder to judge the queue times for mazes, since staff don't get much time to get used to them and there can be irregularity in group numbers / dispatch times due to the nature of mazes (though that's something they seem to be improving with the introduction of pre shows and recorded safety announcements).  So having the 'Up to' signs allows for some wiggle room to compensate for that.  The app and queue boards will still be able to go in increments of 5 minutes like the rides though, and they'll - theoretically! - be more accurate.

Not good that the queue was that much longer though - hopefully they've learnt and listened to any feedback they got so that accuracy is improved. 

22 hours ago, Themeparkadict said:

Hey guys so I’m visiting on the 24th October now from ur experiences can u list each maze in order and the reason why this would be very helpful thank you 

I normally do the weakest to the best tbf but exclude platform 15 and sanctum til dark this is normally my order: 

You can do any order but this is the one I usually do and its pretty effecient and better in mazes and sometimes I get runthroughs on mazes again and I complete the cycle again.

Saw Alive

TWD: Living Nightmare

Containment (If bought ticket)

The Big Top

Later on:

Sanctum

Platform 15

1 hour ago, Mr_B said:

Hey there. Planning to visit tomorrow, how busy is it likely to be? The first two Fridays of FN have been quiet the last few years, but last Friday was busy :wacko:

I'm going tomorrow too and I would not get your hopes up for a quiet day - if I'm not mistaken it's the first Fright Night of this season to get into the second-to-last price band.

30 minutes ago, OllieL said:

Went in the Fanta thing today, it was a VR lift experience where you are on your own travelling to 'floor 13'. Was a good bit of fun, had to sign a declaration form saying I was happy for them to use the footage of me recorded in upcoming advertisement campaigns.

Did u have to pay for this attractions ?

I've not been frightnights this year, but it is startling how negative the comments on Facebook are, mostly about general operations, queue management and ride availability. I know people sometimes like a moan, but the negativity is so consistent there must be something to it. Has it been that bad this year?

I should be going to services day after season officially ends, usually a much calmer way of experiencing frightnights... 

Went last night and Swarm was extremely poor.

The train would come into the station then the two staff at back of each side would then meet in the middle and have a chat instead of checking seats, then when the gates closed they would move with glacial speed to do seat checks all while the other train is sat outside waiting and the front few rows were already checked and staff waiting at their buttons.

lots of people could also be overheard dismayed at why trains were going with empty seats, why not put the single riders together and let another two on etc. Don’t think I’ve ever seen Swarm as bad as it was last night.

In general some staff do appear to be on a go slow, no effort whatsoever made just the bare minimum maybe staff moral is low due to demands on actually being busy. 

55 minutes ago, pluk said:

I've not been frightnights this year, but it is startling how negative the comments on Facebook are, mostly about general operations, queue management and ride availability. I know people sometimes like a moan, but the negativity is so consistent there must be something to it. Has it been that bad this year?

I should be going to services day after season officially ends, usually a much calmer way of experiencing frightnights... 

Unfortunately it’s always the same for Fright Nights - the park has been very busy (which let’s be honest is good!) and queues do get very long.

Reading some of them though I’m sure some are a bit OTT - one I read from Friday on about queues being 3 hours and only seeing one actor in big top I don’t beleve that for a second! As you said you’ll get a much calmer atmosphere on services day!!

Worth remembering that Facebook comments are always the worst and were terrible this time last year too.  Not excusing anything, but I don't think we can necessarily draw any major conclusions from how good or bad the event is being received from Facebook comments.

One issue they'll have now is that the pre-recorded safety messages on Big Top and Platform means that there's a strict length between dispatches.  It means that you won't get groups catching up with each other (so arguably improves the experience), but does make it more difficult to get the queues moving quicker at times.  Living Nightmare is also going to struggle as its pre show is heavily scripted and has to be adhered to by, meaning it cannot be rushed.  

Ride availability was particularly poor last night - Ghost Train was closed all day, Storm Surge closed due to a nearby drain being blocked, which also affected X temporarily.  Maze availability was fine, but queues were moving slowly. 

Another issue they've got is that Sanctum, for one reason or another, doesn't seem to be soaking up the queues.  It does have a high throughput, and being away from the rest of the mazes meant it had the ability to control / spread crowds better.  But it just doesn't seem to be doing that.  So whereas last year when all maze queues were pretty even in length (once Blair Witch opened), Sanctum is noticeably shorter than the rest.  So effectively it means more people are queueing for the other mazes.  It's an odd situation. 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic