Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

Came across an utter idiot woman while outside Saw Alive while waiting at disabled entrance on Sunday - she barged past us with a pushchair and was told she couldn't park it outside - she expected the staff to watch her baby while she went in then when they said they couldn't she wanted to take the baby INTO the maze and kicked off when she was told that wasn't possible - I was gobsmacked at the stupidity - she said "he's only a baby innit he's not gonna know what's happening" ?? < that was my face hearing that.  She then starts saying she was going to complain and I just felt sorry for the staff having to deal with that level of stupidity from guests.  Yes it's a baby but if she'd dropped the poor sod after a jump scare she'd be the one probably looking for compensation ?

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, ProudToServe said:

How did nobody spot the Cabin in the Woods Easter Eggs in Platform 15 O_o

Was one them how there was literally a cabin in the woods? :P

But ooh, I completely missed them..  Some of the walls were similar, but nothing that jumped out at me.  Something to look for this year then...

21 hours ago, Whatever said:

Were they genuine Easter Eggs or Thorpe being cheap and reusing stuff? 

genuine. 

21 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Was one them how there was literally a cabin in the woods? :P

But ooh, I completely missed them..  Some of the walls were similar, but nothing that jumped out at me.  Something to look for this year then...

True, unless you didn't look at the detail in cabin, you wouldnt have noticed.

37 minutes ago, WWTPRadio said:

Those monster stickers were essential to the plot and very carefully chosen. 

Not exactly Thorpe's most well done or immersive theming really though?

Living Nightmare is a absolute beautiful attraction with detail throughout the maze that generally shows the lack of detail or effort that Cabin had IMO.

Even those stickers looked incredibly tacky in the maze, well it might of worked if the spinning tunnel wasn't down for like 3 seasons..

On 1/6/2018 at 2:31 PM, JoshuaA said:

I didn't know a bunch of black/white walls and some some cheap monster stickers slapped onto a dysfunctional tunnel counted as "detail"..

you clearly didn't look at anything in the maze apart from the tunnel then :)

On 1/6/2018 at 11:55 PM, JoshuaA said:

Not exactly Thorpe's most well done or immersive theming really though?

Living Nightmare is a absolute beautiful attraction with detail throughout the maze that generally shows the lack of detail or effort that Cabin had IMO.

Even those stickers looked incredibly tacky in the maze, well it might of worked if the spinning tunnel wasn't down for like 3 seasons..

Exactly. WDLN, Big Top and P15 just shows what Thorpe can do with the right people.

32 minutes ago, ProudToServe said:

you clearly didn't look at anything in the maze apart from the tunnel then :)

I generally think the rest of the maze isn't anything to shout about either..

The final corridors and the facility section is okay I guess, though its really nothing good or amazing.

The first half of the maze though  has a lot of black walls and the theming in some points generally borders on not trying IMO.

I agree that Thorpe's current lineup has some great theming- Big Top, Platform, Saw, I feel like Cabin stands out as a weak point when it comes to theming.

If anything it shows the growth in the event. Living Nightmare I think really shows what Thorpe can do with the event.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic

Tried a maze once at hop farm freak week that was a flow one but you put 3D glasses on, really made for some amazing illusions with props and actors blending into the background etc. However I haven’t seen it since :( But for me personally strobe lights like the ones in big top that have a large pause between flashes is the best feature because it makes it so disorientating. Smoke machines and strobe lights ??  Also hospital scenes with patients guts open and all over the floor always looks pleasingly disgusting!

Oh and also another maze I went on last year at screamland in margate was a clown type maze That in its final section became really confusing because the clown actors without you knowing hand slid a wall across  what is basically the corridor toward the exit essentially trapping you in a section of the maze that in itself had lots of doors but all of them either led to dead ends or put you back in this section you were trapped in. The actors would keep laughing and shouting at you telling us we were all lost and then as more and more people became trapped they slid the wall back across and then the exit corridor could be walked through. Was a real cool idea! The clowns also had these air horns that sounded like an old fashioned car horn that they kept using to scare the nuts off you, these had bright lights attached to them as well that blinded you when they made the car horn noise, was absolutely brilliant. 

• 3 years later...