Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

2 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

So I guess this might mean two new attractions then?

As I don't think Thorpe could afford to lose a maze- as then the crowds would surely spiral out of control...

Or maybe they'll just make platform start where Blair used to finish and brand it as the parks longest maze ever again!!

If Thorpe could pull off nightmare on elm street I would literally be in love, otherwise I really think a chop shop style maze with chainsaws but where you choose your own route like cabin could create an outstanding Texas chainsaw attraction. Can't wait for thirpe to announce this years lineup. This forum needs to be more active as the hype is building and I feel I'm the only one who is remotely bothered lololol 

How is the hype building where there is literally no advertising and more information than we had at the start of season, bar a couple of extra dates? :P

I'm sure a large majority of the forum are excited for Fright Nights - after all, it's only one of two special events the resort really offer, there's always big investment into it and it really does create a special atmosphere.  However, there's only so much conversation we can drag out from baseless speculation!

I think the main interesting thing about this year is what maze we're going to lose.

Now Blair seems to be not very likely to return this year, and so does Cabin, so were will the new IP be located?

Maybe we'll see both bite the dust and see two new attractions? Maybe one IP in Cabin's space,  and one new scarezone/maze with a original theme?

I personally wouldn't like to see a Nightmare On Elm Street or a Texas Chainsaw maze as the IP TBH.

Like okay they could be great if pulled off right, and both are iconic IP's, but Universal have kinda already done those IP's to death, and Universal with its budget for its Halloween event obviously dwarfs Thorpe in comparison..

With the speculation of a Universal tie-in for Fright Nights; the knowledge of Lionsgate being over; and thus all but SAW and as far as anyone is aware, Big Top being gone from the line-up; the speculation really is set. To clutch at straws to back up this desire of a Universal Fright Nights; the writing "27? 0?" on the Blair Witch shed becomes interesting; with 2017 being the 27th year of Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios; suggesting that is what the '27' stands for; but the '0' meaning being unknown and unspeculated (unless you consider the '0' to refer to '0' previous years of Universal Halloween Horror Nights at Thorpe, on the premise that this indeed is the future for Fright Nights).

What I find intriguing is the question marks. Perhaps it's clutching at straws again, but it's traditional for a question mark to be used in American Horror Story before the season theme is announced. HOWEVER, it's usually written ?6 for example (therefore I would expect '?27 ?0' and not '0? 27?' for the writing to make that a clear reference). The idea has been suggested a lot to Thorpe in the last few years on their Facebook around Fright Nights; and the American Horror Story maze has been a massive success for Universal, and as a big fan of the show myself there is a part of me that really does hope and pray that this could become true at Thorpe; albeit as a maze, while I have full credit that Thorpe's team will give it their all and try and make the best out of it as they always do with mixed reviews and success; I reserve the thought it could be a bit too visual like SAW: Alive.

And again, it is a large proportion of clutching at straws, speculation, and wishful thinking.

Anyone got any ideas what the new ip is going to be? I know its most likely going to be a universal film because Thorpe keep on dropping hints at them.

I cant wait for fright nights this year I think its going to be a good year if thorpe play there cards right and make Platform 15 a better scarezone/attraction and Big Top last year was brilliant and Saw was okay last year improvement of actors in there last year. So what do u think fright nights is going to turn out like?

I like it!  Very classic 'destruction and devastation' vibe, which isn't something that Thorpe really has tried at Fright Nights.  Be interesting to see where that leads...

Also I spy Swarm backwards on the picture...is that the scary new thing for this year? ;)

13 hours ago, mrmatt said:

When I saw the "leaked" picture I got excited thinking that announcements were imminent but now the website has reverted back to what it was before I feel a bit deflated and frustrated. I've waited since fright nights last year. Lol. ?? (I have minimal patience) 

But it’s got you talking about Fright Nights...job done - these “”leaks” are just to build up the chatter inbetween the lull of no info and full info. Thorpe have form for “accidentally” posting things as a PR exercise

3 hours ago, Ringo said:

But it’s got you talking about Fright Nights...job done - these “”leaks” are just to build up the chatter inbetween the lull of no info and full info. Thorpe have form for “accidentally” posting things as a PR exercise

Still annoying and delflating. 11 weeks to go now. Must nearly be time for line up reveal. I know it was early last year but normally I can't remember when they release details. 

2 hours ago, mrmatt said:

Still annoying and delflating. 11 weeks to go now. Must nearly be time for line up reveal. I know it was early last year but normally I can't remember when they release details. 

Usually they announce it sometime around August/September right?

Be patient, a ton off events haven't revealed their lineup yet.

• Marc pinned this topic
  • JoshC. unpinned this topic