Fright Nights 2017

L7123456

Interesting that they're doing two mazes based on the same IP... I genuinely cannot wait however, this year is looking like it could be very good!

Platform getting new scenes intrigues me too. Apparently the tunnel has gone up today, and from the looks of things from Monks it looks like very little has been done to it..
Thorpe Park have also confirmed via Twitter that there will be no Backstage Tours of the mazes this year :(

I guess MBV, Cabin, and even Saw to a extent didn't really religiously follow the films..

Hence the abundance of "rednecks" in Cabin, and how some of the Saw actors can freely move..

Or even the extremely brief backstory that was given in MBV.. that was literally "there is a guy with a gas mask, run!"

I don't see this being any different..

People who haven't heard of the IP probably won't be missing out on much..

17 minutes ago, mrmatt said:

One thing I am concerned about is that the mazes are going to follow the tv show obviously but I'm the only one in my group that have seen it so they won't know what's going on or the iconic scenes won't mean anything to them 

They have 24 days to binge watch it, easy! :P 

Fully aware that I'm not in the majority with this view, but I'm just not feeling the hype for Fright Nights this year.

I'm sure Walking Dead is great (never seen it personally), but two scare attractions with the same theme?  Surely that's a bit of a cop out?

The return of Saw Alive doesn't impress me, that maze passed its sell-by a long time ago and I've never found it great in all honesty.

Big Top was great last year so glad to see it return, hopefully with a few tweaks here and there.

Platform 15 - WHY?!

Whatever happened to the days of having five full-scale indoor horror mazes, rather than three with two outdoor support-attractions?

13 minutes ago, Coaster said:

Fully aware that I'm not in the majority with this view, but I'm just not feeling the hype for Fright Nights this year.

I'm sure Walking Dead is great (never seen it personally), but two scare attractions with the same theme?  Surely that's a bit of a cop out?

The return of Saw Alive doesn't impress me, that maze passed its sell-by a long time ago and I've never found it great in all honesty.

Big Top was great last year so glad to see it return, hopefully with a few tweaks here and there.

Platform 15 - WHY?!

Whatever happened to the days of having five full-scale indoor horror mazes, rather than three with two outdoor support-attractions?

Im not sure we can say Walking Dead Sanctum will be a “support” attraction when we kmow

so little about it.

Willing to give platform another chance - a lot of scare attractions grow year on year when they learn what worked and what didn’t.

Weve also got the Cinema - which no matter how small it may feel will no doubt get a few hundred people off park for the duration - every little helps, Fright Nights have been getting more and more popular over the last 2/3 years - I get the feeling this will be extremely busy and every little will help!

53 minutes ago, Coaster said:

I am with you on this sadly; I was really hoping for something else alongside TWD, and I feel that this has almost too much presence now to a degree that as I haven't seen it, or care for zombies etc. that I feel a little alienated as the other three just aren't really making me itch for Fright Nights.

51 minutes ago, mrmatt said:

Part of me is thinking that they are not quite finished with announcements

I'd like to believe this to be true; as I still feel REGARDLESS of what it was suggesting, the teaser images running up to today and the props image pointed at more than what's been announced. However a good friend who's in on the project who didn't discuss details; claims that it's fully announced (alas only The Walking Dead).

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

This is probably gonna be Thorpe's biggest FN ever and people still aren't happy lmao. Walking Dead is a huge IP, I'm very excited for this! 

Well I am still trying to have a positive mindset as I have never seen a saw film the whole way through and absolutely love both the ride and the maze, I just need to wait until I visit till I judge.

5 minutes ago, Coaster said:

I personally much preferred Fright Nights before IP's were introduced.

Whilst I love original ideas (and happy we still have them) you could never have the pull of something as massive as The Waking Dead based on solely original ideas - I’ve no doubt this will be the biggest Fright Nights to date.

1 minute ago, Marc said:

Whilst I love original ideas (and happy we still have them) you could never have the pull of something as massive as The Waking Dead based on solely original ideas - I’ve no doubt this will be the biggest Fright Nights to date.

I agree it'll pull in more people, but in terms of guest experience is the quality really as good as before?  I'd argue that having five big-budget mazes was far better (both for crowds and quality) than three with two outdoor ones, and personally I found the older mazes much more impressive and fun - however this is of course down to opinion.

Fright Nights has been busy the past few years but the number of complaints online about the queue times, that the mazes weren't worth the waits etc. is always crazy!

31 minutes ago, mrmatt said:

Hey guys. I need some help figuring out this one. Remember the picture Thorpe showed us a few weeks ago with all the different props. There was a Blair witch wooden thing in that picture. Some thought American horror story. Where does that wooden figure thing fit into all of this? 

I'm pretty sure that was just thorpe messing with us. or it could be part of the details that they haven't released yet

I have to say I'm quite excited to get both an indoor and outdoor TWD maze! I think zombies will work well outdoors, even with big open spaces they have the potential to be quite effective. And personally zombies terrify me ?.

I find it odd they aren't doing scare ratings, maybe they are aiming for them all to be of the same intensity, or the info is yet to be released.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic