Your Plans for 2017

I just noticed that on that Kerkrade concert band tour I mentioned in the first post, we're actually spending about 4 days in Bad Honnef (I don't know what we're doing there) which is about 40 mins from Phantasialand. 

They did go to Gardaland last year (before I was in the band) so I know they're open to theme parks and hopefully, we end up going to Phantasialand *crossed fingers*

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Han30 said:

The usual merlin parks and hopefully if all goes to plan Germany in September with @Roodie It will only be the second time I've gone abroad in my life so I'm excited and I won't need to fly either :P.  Was a toss up between Europa or Phanny land but we've gone for the latter.

It was Europa on it's own but we decided to do Movie Park, Phantasialand followed off by Plopsaland.  Yay for driving

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm not sure whether or not this goes here but basically I have a huge dilemma for my birthday this year. I have three choices, A. Go to Cardiff and see Brentford, who I love, play on my birthday and go to Oakwood after, B. stay near Paultons and go there on my birthday, or C. Stay at Alton Towers and go there. I'm really not sure what to do, my mum and sister aren't too keen on Cardiff but I don't want to pass up on not only a new away ground for me but seeing my Brentford in general. Anyone help?

Just now, ChessingtonSam said:

So I'm not sure whether or not this goes here but basically I have a huge dilemma for my birthday this year. I have three choices, A. Go to Cardiff and see Brentford, who I love, play on my birthday and go to Oakwood after, B. stay near Paultons and go there on my birthday, or C. Stay at Alton Towers and go there. I'm really not sure what to do, my mum and sister aren't too keen on Cardiff but I don't want to pass up on not only a new away ground for me but seeing my Brentford in general. Anyone help?

Definitely Brentford/Oakwood!

3 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

I think you should go to cardiff and watch Brentford play and then go to oakwood afterwards

3 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

I think you should do choice A

1 hour ago, Benin said:

Dollywood :wub:

Tonnes better than Cedar "I'm just a bigger version of Thorpe and have a highly overrated coaster" Point...

To be fair, some of the milestones at Cedar IJABVOTAHAHOC Point did come sometime before that of Thorpe's so if anything, it should be Thorpe "I'm just a smaller version of Cedar Point and I'm not good enough to compete" Park.

• 2 weeks later...

the only new park I'm going to get to this year is liseberg, which isn't really much to complain about! it's been a goal of mine to get myself to a new park every year for the past three years, and now coming into the fourth it's proving to be a reasonable one :) also I am excited to find an ikea

Oh yeah, I have to put up with you at Liseberg. Woo. :) 

Also going to Bagatelle, Plopsa Coo and Movie Park as new parks alongside Plopsaland, Phantasialand and Efteling including the opening day of Symbolica (more luck than anything as it's been booked for a while!)

More interestingly for me, I'm finally going to see an F1 race in person at the stunning Spa circuit in Belgium in August :D 

• 4 weeks later...
On 29-11-2016 at 0:08 PM, Timber Creek said:

Phantasialand, Liseberg and Efteling can all probably be done for around £300 based on flights,hotel, euros and travel costs which are worth spend. All these parks offerings are safely mostly better than the UK ones.

Last year at the end of June, I bought for my family Efteling annual passes (150 £/pers.) as it is only 75 km away from our home town. This allows us to visit Liseberg, Phantasialand, Tripsdrill, Isla Magica, Port Aventura and Europa Park for free once during each 'calendar year'. So we got in for free in Europa Park one day in November 2016 and one day in April 2017. Only for Europa Park you need a voucher, made at the guest service of Efteling max. 3 months prior to your planned visit at Europa Park.

The free entrance at Liseberg isn't only the entrance fee, it also includes an 'all ride wristband' and an admission to the haunted mansion (normaly at an extra fee of 50 SEK = 5 £).

Concerning (semi-)public traffic: check Flixbus. Their hub Breda isn't that far away from Efteling. Their hubs in Karlsruhe, Frankfurt, Strasbourg and Freiburg have direct connections to Europa Park. Flixbus also serves a direct line Lille - Parc Astérix Plailly. Other interesting stops of this bus company might be Heide Park Soltau and Hansa Park Sierksdorf, both directly linked to Hamburg.

so my entire trip is booked, I'll be at dollywood on the 26th, 27th and 28th of May (Lightning rod pls be open ;-; ) (will most likely get the time saver pass as its memorial weekend and I'm expecting it to be slammed) then I'll be at Kings Island from the 29th of may to the 3rd of June, (dates at the park may vary as I might be too tired ect) then I'll be In Sandusky on the 3rd of June until the 13th, once again dates at park will be played by ear depending on how I feel, also have Platnium Passes ect, then I'll be at Holiday World in Indiana on the 14th of June, I'm also really looking forward to trying The Voyage too, there were going to be more parks in the trip (Ie, silver dollar city, worlds of fun, kentucky kingdom, but my budget couldn't stretch that far) Overall I think it will be a nice trip and expect a massive trip report at the end (If I remember to :P ) I'm flying into Texas to meet up with my boyfriend then we're road tripping the parks. I fly on monday! 

• 1 month later...
On 18 February 2017 at 10:43 PM, 'Airtime Falcon' said:

I just noticed that on that Kerkrade concert band tour I mentioned in the first post, we're actually spending about 4 days in Bad Honnef (I don't know what we're doing there) which is about 40 mins from Phantasialand. 

They did go to Gardaland last year (before I was in the band) so I know they're open to theme parks and hopefully, we end up going to Phantasialand *crossed fingers*

I just found out on the list of Itinerary that we (as in, the band) will definitely be going to Phantasialand!

Is it going to be that busy around mid/late July?