Your first Thorpe Park ride

Coaster

16 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

There's plenty of people who don't like the way the Merlin parks are heading at the moment, granted I'm more vocal about my views than most but then again, I'm don't complain about "absolutely everything" as you've said.

I'm not sure why you've felt the need to quote me with a sarcastic response, my original post was in response to a joke that I've seen in a lot of topics, it was amusing at first but it's gotten boring.

Find one good thing you have ever said about Merlin.

19 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Find one good thing you have ever said about Merlin.

Look, this thread was created as a break from the usual discussion points and a chance to discuss Thorpe in a positive, nostalgic light.

Stop derailing the thread and trying to bring negativity into it when it just isn't needed.

The first ride I remember specifically was the Canada Creek Railway which at the time included the pirates 'hijacking' the train for a little show, and someone getting 'The Black Spot'. That someone was my sister and I was sooooo jealous. A free can of coke was her prize I think.

In reality I probably went on other things before that, but rides like Tropical Travels, Wicked Witches and Space Station Zero were repeated so many times I can't remember specific rides on them.

Oh dear, my first ride at Thorpe was only two years ago, I had a lovely day on a freebie Sun ticket with a great old friend, short queues, no chavs, lovely weather and beer, but I struggle as an old git to remember what I had for breakfast, let alone my first ride!

Guessing, I would say it was Colossus, and I enjoyed it, but not as much as Swarm, which was my favourite.

And Jamie, don't let the buggers get you down.

What they have been saying is completely unacceptable;).

11 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Stop derailing the thread and trying to bring negativity into it when it just isn't needed

Hm, well that's ironic. You bring negativity into every thread, that's the point of what I first said, but its clear it's annoying for other people so I'll leave it at that.

6 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Hm, well that's ironic. You bring negativity into every thread, that's the point of what I first said, but its clear it's annoying for other people so I'll leave it at that.

Well I have to say, I personally find your constant nitpicking at Jamie more annoying than his negativity.

Stop trying to find floors with his posts and start contributing to the topic!

After lots of thinking, I'm now not actually sure that Nemesis Inferno was my first ride. I now think it was Tidal Wave - God knows what I was thinking when I sat on it all those years ago - then again, a 10 year old's mind is an unpredictable thing!

1 minute ago, CharlieN said:

top trying to find floors with his posts and start contributing to the topic!

I don't try and find flaws in his posts, its just incredibly annoying when Jamie always has something negative to say, even when Merlin do something good it's "They did something good for once". It's not constant nitpicking either, or at least that's not what it's meant to be, it's just simply that it gets on my nerves massively when whatever happens there's always something negative said.

And how can I contribute to the topic more than I already have? I've said my first ride, what more is there to say? Besides, if I try and contribute to a topic I just get shot down. For example when I have memories of going on Bubbleworks with my family and I got tonnes of backlash simply because I never rode the original, or when I was told to "shut up" for making a simple joke that couldnt even possibly offend anyone in the Awards topic. Why do you think I don't post much any more?

11 hours ago, Han30 said:

I only ever rode X:/NWO once and it was the closest I've ever got to vomiting on a ride so for me it was a good thing they changed it.  It was the constant stopping and starting that made me feel rough as well as going backwards 

Remind me not to sit with you anymore.

For me, X - No Way Out when it opened in 1996, yes I'm an old ffffffffffellow. It was great and totally disorienting and my son and daughter (aged 19 and 17 at the time) thoroughly enjoyed it.

4 hours ago, planenut said:

Remind me not to sit with you anymore.

For me, X - No Way Out when it opened in 1996, yes I'm an old ffffffffffellow. It was great and totally disorienting and my son and daughter (aged 19 and 17 at the time) thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thankfully I've since discovered amazing motion sickness tablets!

I still remember the adverts for X:/NWO and thinking that was a big ride for TP at the time.  How times have changed

5 hours ago, Han30 said:

Thankfully I've since discovered amazing motion sickness tablets!

I still remember the adverts for X:/NWO and thinking that was a big ride for TP at the time.  How times have changed

Okay then, I'll sit with you.

X:/NWO was great for me with all the quirkiness and not knowing what was going to happen next.