Unpopular Opinions

Charlesberg

Whoever you are, we know you have an unpopular opinion. More or less every enthusiast does. So this topic is a chance to confess your opinions that many other enthusiasts will disagree with.

Chances are, disagreements will occur but that's all part of the fun and you do have to accept that everyone has their own opinions.

I'll give some of my unpopular opinions:

• I think Kingda Ka is better than El Toro.
  • I actually enjoy Intamin Zacspins (basing it off my experience on Inferno).
  • So far, I don't hate SLCs (this could change though, as the SLCs I've ridden aren't said to be that bad).
  • I think G-Force is a fun ride.
  • Space mountain: Mission 2 is in my top 10.
  • Nemesis (AT) is not my favourite invert.
  • There are many more I can't remember at the moment of writing this...

I've got a few:

• I like Furius Baco (mainly due to its launch and the inline).
  • I hate Slammer (it makes me feel like crap after riding it).
  • I find Swarm force-less and dare I say it, boring.
  • I think Th13teen is a brilliant family coaster and better than Rita.
  • I like X
  • I hate all the Disney Parks, mainly as they're so crowded and IMO overated.
  • Log Flumes aren't my cup of tea, I've never been a fan of them TBH.

24 minutes ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Where to start :lol:

You like the Big One...

To be fair, when I rode it in 2012 (when I was 12) I was in fact blown away by the experience. Probably because I was in the back row and you probably know what the first drop is like in the back ;)

I haven't put it in my top 15 yet because I want to ride it again to have a secure opinion.

Just now, 'Airtime Falcon' said:

You like the Big One...

To be fair, when I rode it in 2012 (when I was 12) I was in fact blown away by the experience. Probably because I was in the back row and you probably know what the first drop is like in the back ;)

In fairness there's a lot of people who like The Big One!

The first drop is just fantastic in the back row, easily the highlight of any coaster for me.

I always find it interesting how so many people like Furius Baco and feel as if they're in the minority.  On this forum at least, it seems to be reasonably popular, and the launch seems to be loved by most..

Much love for the guys who don't like Slammer; you're all awesome.

I'd say that me liking DBGT is a reasonably uncommon opinion, but that's when everything flows well.

I hate Scorpion Express, whereas most people seem content with it.

I like Hollywood Tours at Phantasialand; it's fun.

Speaking of Phantasia, I think Mystery Castle is pretty naff as a ride.  Theming is good, actual ride is bad.

I'll add my Creeky controversys here.

1/ I really the like the Chinese Ghost Train omnimover (Geista Riksha) at Phantasialand, as I feel the ride has much charm, the animatronics look cool and am a fan of spooky/gothic rides.

2/ I don't like Samurai 

3/ I actually liked Platform 15 (that said I had queued 3.5 hours for it)

4/ Duel is better than Phantom Manor

5/ Legoland Windsor is one of the best UK parks

51 minutes ago, Benin said:

Expedition GeForce is over rated...

Seconded. Thirded. It's no Piraten. 

I prefer Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Parc to Disneyland California. I make no apologies for this.

I like Scream and think its a top tier B&M.

Everyone likes PortAventura. I think its awful with only Shambhala and Dragon Khan to make the place tolerable. Everything else is dilge.

12 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Why's that? Not saying youre wrong as it's your opinion obviously but it'd be interesting to hear why?

It's the spinning patterns. Sometimes it doesn't spin at all whereas others it spins uncontrollably - I know this is due to weight. However, I like some sections to have less spinning so that you face one direction and others to spin a lot. It's this variety that I want from spinners (Although I've only been on 3 times so I'm no one to judge).

As for Rattlesnake: I'm a big fan of Wild Mouses. I don't really know why though as they are rough. I guess it's those lateral Gs and little pops of airtime that appeal.

To me, part of riding a roller coaster is riding with friends. The best ride I've ever had on a coaster was on Inferno when it was walk on and I was with my best friends - it then became more of an experience than a ride, as we were laughing uncontrollably throughout. (Sorry for sidetrack but bare with me). Every time I've been on Fury I was single rider so I never got to share my experience . I assume this is a Huge part of me preferring Rattlesnake as I rode that with friends.

1 hour ago, CharlieN said:

It's the spinning patterns. Sometimes it doesn't spin at all whereas others it spins uncontrollably - I know this is due to weight. However, I like some sections to have less spinning so that you face one direction and others to spin a lot. It's this variety that I want from spinners (Although I've only been on 3 times so I'm no one to judge).

As for Rattlesnake: I'm a big fan of Wild Mouses. I don't really know why though as they are rough. I guess it's those lateral Gs and little pops of airtime that appeal.

To me, part of riding a roller coaster is riding with friends. The best ride I've ever had on a coaster was on Inferno when it was walk on and I was with my best friends - it then became more of an experience than a ride, as we were laughing uncontrollably throughout. (Sorry for sidetrack but bare with me). Every time I've been on Fury I was single rider so I never got to share my experience . I assume this is a Huge part of me preferring Rattlesnake as I rode that with friends.

I really undervalued Rattles until I rode it in the dark, then with the lap bar pushed right down (felt better, don't know why) then when I could let go of my sister after holding on to her for her first two rides.

Not sure how unpopular some of my opinions are, but;

1) The Swarm is a waste of space.

2) I really enjoy Rita.

3) I liked Blue Tornado (SLC).

4) I like rougher coasters, ones that are too smooth feel kind of boring... (Headbanging can sometimes be a bit too horrible, though!)

5) I still really like Chessington even though it is crap these days (maybe I just really like the nostalgic aspects?!)

6) Colossus is one of my favourite rides.

7) I LOVE Slammer!

8) I liked and miss Submission.

9) I liked and miss Ripsaw.

10) I've never had a Krabby Patty.