Sign in to follow this  
JoshC.

TPM Awards 2016 - The Results

To be fair, Thorpe do probably have the best flat ride collection in the country, so they'd naturally dominate anyways.  Don't worry though pluk, Time Machine did receive some love!  Must admit I was surprised at the lack of votes Skyforce received for Best Flat though...

Can I also say how disappointed I am that Towers won Best UK Park.  Says something about our expectations of parks if we think the best one in the country is one that closes down several attractions, adds cheap VR to a coaster that didn't need it, and tarts things up as a knee jerk reaction...

Nothing ever goes wrong when people pin insanely high expectations on something new... Nothing at all...

As for best park Josh, Thorpe still had equal shares of problems, Mothers being closed, continuation of breakdown issues that have plagued the park for years, Darren Brown in general and probably some other issues...

Towers still trades off the name and history, which is still probably the best overall park in the country even through all the issues...

5 hours ago, BaronC. said:

Must admit I was surprised at the lack of votes Skyforce received for Best Flat though...

DAMN! How could I have forgotten that?! That definitely beats my vote of Rush!

I guess I was mindlessly thinking of Merlin flat rides...:pardon:

Yes!! The results have spoken, and so have Matt Creek and his forfeits. 

Matt Creek cannot escape becoming a runner-up of sexiest female two years in a row, and coming joint second with his girlfriend this year (for which I am honoured!), there is great need for him to live up to the name... something he has taken lightly until now... therefore, I present him with the ultimate sacrifice... to wear one of my tops to the next meet!! Hehehe ?

On 12/19/2016 at 8:44 PM, pluk said:

Well now I feel under pressure to write something funny here. Too bad.

Fortunately I no longer feel any pressure to write quality or knowledgeable posts. Cheers guys!

Derren Brown best anything?  Hahaha!

Most importantly,  when is Adventure island's Time Machine going to claim its rightful place as king of the flat rides?

I miss you pluk, it's been too long :wub:

Please to see my awards still going after all these years ;) watch out guys hopefully I'll reclaim my position as host of the TPM awards.