TPM Events Calendar 2017 (Fright Nights update)

paige

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Daniel.S312 said:

Any chance of a vote for Thorpe Park Opening Meet? Train tickets are cheaper up to 12 weeks in advance also gives people time to book time off work Also as many of you are aware down south Southern are constantly striking,

We do plan on setting up the topic/votes for the open meet very soon, we haven't forgotten about it and we're trying our best to be considerate without chucking loads of information at you. :) 

1 hour ago, Daniel.S312 said:

Any chance of a vote for Thorpe Park Opening Meet? Train tickets are cheaper up to 12 weeks in advance also gives people time to book time off work Also as many of you are aware down south Southern are constantly striking,

I have already booked holiday for opening weekend. We can only have a limited number of people on holiday at the same time and I do also work weekends so I wanted to get in while I could. Obviously if the meet is a different weekend I would try to get the time off but its subject to notice at work and not having to many others off at the same time.  I agree on average train tickets do come out 12 weeks in advance for advance fares  (Especially for long distance visitors) and the savings are huge. However these tickets are now on sale for opening weekend and are likely to sell out. However I wont buy any train tickets until the meet date is confirmed. Yes Sothern's dispute with the RMT and ASLEF sadly seems no closer to ending. Thankfully I use GWR and SWT to get to Staines and they are not on strike at present

Fair enough on these 12 week train tickets and hopefully these new meet organisers will be able to plan in advance. 

But give some credit for the first part of the year. They've only been doing it for 2 weeks, set up two meets already, given a rough plan and also have their own lives to attend too whilst picking up the unfinished leftovers

12 hours ago, he who shall not be named said:

Fair enough on these 12 week train tickets and hopefully these new meet organisers will be able to plan in advance. 

But give some credit for the first part of the year. They've only been doing it for 2 weeks, set up two meets already, given a rough plan and also have their own lives to attend too whilst picking up the unfinished leftovers

Yes definitely. I appreciate that things take time to put in place when their is a change of meet organisers etc.

Also I can guess that their is more involved in organising meets than people realise to.

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Mitchada04 said:

Could we do Drayton with the Towers weekender this year? It's been 2 years since we last did it and with Towers going downhill fast it might be preferred? :)

If Towers Fireworks is a definite, could I perhaps even be daring enough to suggest the possibility of replacing the Towers weekender altogether?  

Drayton is meant to maybe get a big-ish thing in 2018, so might be worth missing it this year.  And there's loads of other places that could be done!

1 hour ago, Matt Creek said:

Let's just all go back to Europa Park!

I need more absinthe to get me immersed to that place and re-rides on Wodan.

I'm no meet organiser so I don't mind what happens, we could do Brighton Pier for all I know.

Absinthe and Wodan? :o Now that would be interesting :lol: