paige

TPM Events Calendar 2017

34 posts in this topic

We have no intention to scrap the summer Towers weekend altogether as that has proven to be a popular meet, however it more than likely will involve a day at Drayton as it will have been two years since that last happened. 

For those mentioning other parks, the Oakwood weekender in August can be moved elsewhere if people wish, I have heard that people have wanted to do Lightwaver Valley and Flamingo Land, so that could be a possibility. If anyone does have any ideas or suggestions for where they might like to go August time please do let me know as I'll be taking that meet because I'm leaving poor Ryan to lug you lot to Port Aventura in September! 

Also Matt- feel free to arrange your own non-forum trip to Europa, but that won't be happening this year :P

BaronC., Mer, Ryan and 1 other like this

The above plans are highly acceptable.

Lightwater/Flamingo yes please, but Oakwood is good too.

I was joking and being jibberish about Europa, but it's a park everyone should visit meet or non meet.

Port Av is high on the priority list so Ryan has the pain or pleasure in having tagging along.

13 minutes ago, Matt Creek said:

Port Av is high on the priority list so Ryan has the pain or pleasure in having tagging along.

Always a pleasure :) we will be sorting out PA soon, any questions about it in the meantime feel free to message me!

I would love you guys to organise a phantasia weekend meet as its drivable from calais....

but I can dream

The PortAventura trip is currently in planning, please could anyone interested in attending drop me a quick message, just so I can get a rough idea on numbers :) We're looking at potentially doing 9th-11th September and initial costs are under £250 each for flights, hotel, park tickets and breakfast. 

Martin Doyle likes this

On 1/15/2017 at 2:08 AM, RobF said:

I would love you guys to organise a phantasia weekend meet as its drivable from calais....

but I can dream

Ooo Phantasialand 

Can't wait to hopefully finally enter the realms of Port Aventura this year, considering I've been wanting to go for the best part of five years.

Whilst I'm more excited for Khan and Shambhala, I'm curious to see what Back is like, given it's a rough reputation. 

And with Ferrari, it's sure to be the hottest trip of the year as well! 

Shambhala is without any doubt in my opinion the best coaster in Europe. It's one of the smoothest and most exhilarating rides out there and it is especially excellent at the back when you get whipped over every single hill with plenty of airtime. Plus, the seats are quite comfy and offer lots of freedom, especially on the edge seats. You could ride it over and over again and never get bored of it as every seat offers a different experience.

Dragon Khan reminded me a lot of Nemesis even though it isn't suspended. I can't explain it easily, but the forces and nature of it (especially through that zero-g roll) feel very similar as well as the constant speed it has for the most part. Heck, it even sounds like the roar Nemesis has. But. I do find it a little rough at the back when you go through the inversions, so it's not that re-rideable for me.

As for Furius Baco, all I will say is if you thought Colossus or Saw was rough and unbearable, you ain't seen nothing yet! Whilst the launch is fantastic and beats Stealth, after you dip straight into the first turn into the ravine, it will shake and rattle you not just sideways but vertically to a degree that made Gwazi look smooth in comparison, especially on the outside seats. It's still worth a try when the queues aren't too long and I suppose it's the best wake-up method if you're either tired or hungover.

Martin Doyle likes this