2017 Season General Discussion

Marc

• Marc pinned this topic
1 hour ago, ste193 said:

I just don't understand how they can have had a whole year and they still can't make a decision over what to do with Loggers Leap :S

Constant management changes and battles with Merlin. Makes it hard for them to assign the required budget.

Will be nice to see what a new divisional director can bring, we'd had Vallis for long enough! Especially coming from Midways he might be able to make an actor based attraction that runs well with the budget or at least improve the entertainment side like the acting at Fright Nights which consists of that horrid clickling/gargling noise and lunging at people.

I also hope his 'love' of Ghost Train was just for the PR speech side of things. I know some people do like it but it's not game changing in any way and all I expect from the new ending is a complete ride finally.

He likes Stealth though. So I like him. :) 

14 hours ago, ste193 said:

I just don't understand how they can have had a whole year and they still can't make a decision over what to do with Loggers Leap :S

I imagine in investment terms it's actually quite a big spend to get it open again. The rights and wrongs of how it got in this state are irrelevant when looking forward, so they need to make sure they get it right before the cash is spent. Will they referb as is, like for like? Will they keep the gist of the ride but make some notable improvements? Will they weave a whole new ride around a variant of loggers? Is a log flume a want for their target audience? How could they know if they don't really understand who their target is? Is a future-proof flume at all viable as a closed water system in that natural location anyway?

It's frustrating, but I understand the decision isn't one to be rushed if they're not going to find themselves with a big regret in a couple of seasons time. Hopefully having a new director will give them consistency of direction in the longer term making spends like this an easier decision. I get a good feeling from what I see of him in this interview, hopefully he can deliver...

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Jack said:

Just a quick question, has anybody ever used the reserve and ride online system before, if so is it worth it and how much of the queue do you get to skip

There is an entire topic on Reserve and ride which I imagine makes quite an interesting read seeing how intense the debate was. However I do believe Reserve and ride was axed.

• 3 weeks later...

New map!

As noted on TPM's Facebook, the following new things:

Updated artwork for Derren Brown's Ghost Train 

New for 2017 - Timber Tug Boat, located by the old CCR station

Amity Beach is now just Amity.

New logos for themed areas

The Island Shop - A new shop in the dome replacing Sweets and Sounvenirs 

The Coffee Shack in the dome is now 'Proud to serve Costa'

The Donut Factory - a new food outlet near Storm Surge 

The Hub - a new Events space

C68wqSVXEAAw-cx.jpg

Intrigued as to what signage will/won't be outside Loggers this season.

When you see the new name for DBGT written out on the map, you can see how ridiculous it looks :D

I wonder if DBGTROTD will ever be in an "area" or whether it is just by itself?

Old Town is a very loose theme considering it includes SAW and Slammer, am guessing perhaps once the SAW theme is no more it can then be rethemed to whatever Old Town is or will become. 

I do like the Amity logo :)

I quite like how Ghost Train is on its own. I quite like that it stays true to its story of being an abandoned warehouse and so it's kind of just there, and it definitely works. I've been asked previously if it was in similar vein as Hex in where they have utilised an old building for the ride. 

That being said I've always had an idea of converting the arcade into a themed dining experience in which guests would enter a Victorian styled restaurant and staff dressed in clothing from the area would serve your food etc. Then have some sort of gate signifying that Ghost Train and the dining experience are part of some kind of Victorian town (similar to angry birds).

• JoshC. unpinned this topic