2017 Season General Discussion

Marc

Apparently they've not hit capacity. Some have said alot of staff have called in sick, the rest are saying they're ridiculous. Merlin pass holders aren't being let in and most of the rides are closed. Whatever is going on Chessington are about to have a massive spike in visitors.

EDIT And now a SAW ride op has told someone Stealth and Colossus haven't even had their opening checks done. The guest services queue is down by the beach. On the bright side, Swarm has now opened.

26 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

I think the only rational solution is for everyone to move to Rust-Germany.

Yes breakdowns are bound to happen, but when FOUR of your major rides are down, you know you messed up..

Major rollercoasters. Even more of the major rides are closed.

I was basing it off the app, which at the time only stated the only non-coaster attraction not planned to be closed was Rumba. Not to mention I wasn't being *too* serious! :) 

It also appears Rocky has re-opened for anyone who's interested. Thorpe need to get the other bits running asap as it's really pretty ridiculous, but at least it's not so bad as Alton opening day...

Not sure we should be placing blame on anyone just yet - considering we aren't aware of what or who is actually responsible for the operations today. Whilst it's quite unacceptable we can't be sure why everything seemed to go wrong today, and it's not like this is a thing that's just happened to Thorpe this year.

Whilst I don't agree with how things went today, I'm sure Thorpe will reflect on today and make improvements ready for the summer - however on a positive note Ghost Train seems to be coping fairly well (minus now as the darn thing has decided to play up!). :)

Edit - Ghost Train is now open again

Obviously been a bad day for the park - everyone's being issued comp tickets on exit and the parks remaining open till 6:30 

On top of closing the gates at 11 they also didn't sell fastrack for the coasters - bit of a write of day but they did what they could and I'm sure lessons will be learnt!

1 minute ago, Owen said:

Stealth has been all over the place. On Wednesday it couldn't seem to launch at the same time consistently at all. Also, get the second train on Thorpe!!!!!

Chances are the launch issue is why its only on one train

• JoshC. unpinned this topic