2017 Season General Discussion

Marc

Isn't that really just a common upsell tactic?  Rather than displaying the most basic option as default, display the basic + common extra option as default.  Generates more interest in the extra product, and likely more money.

It could also be based on feedback, especially if many people do buy Fastrack but sometimes struggle to find it (which I think is the case).

The page with only tickets with fastrack only appears if you select "DAY TICKET + ONE FASTRACK" on https://www.thorpepark.com/tickets-passes/tickets - as you would expect..

If you select "1 DAY THORPE PARK RESORT TICKET" you have the option for just a day ticket along with the fastrack options.

Dont see the issue here? :P

1 hour ago, Marc said:

The page with only tickets with fastrack only appears if you select "DAY TICKET + ONE FASTRACK" on https://www.thorpepark.com/tickets-passes/tickets - as you would expect..

If you select "1 DAY THORPE PARK RESORT TICKET" you have the option for just a day ticket along with the fastrack options.

Dont see the issue here? :P

Once you're on the shop, there is no option to select 1 day Thorpe park tickets, there is only the option for day ticket + fast track

On 07/08/2017 at 11:19 AM, Marc said:

Secondly there seems to be different messages they can display now - for example Zodaic went down for sick and instead of just stating "unavailable" it was showing as "Short Delay". Also during bad weather last week they boards were displaying "Weather delay" on affected rides. This all shows on the queue line TVs too for the individual rides.

Noticed a few more ones now, including "Guest Illness" and "Come back later".  Handy little options which help communicate a bit better how long a delay will be without having to ask staff (who generally don't know anyway!).

HUGE queues to get into park today. Apparently they changed the security check system and it's causing absolute mayhem (one long line instead of two shorter ones). I will try and upload screenshots later of the video I took, if I can.

Luckily we managed to skip most of it as my mother informed a (very helpful) member of staff of my brother's disability and his inability to behave when queuing (he's an access pass user) and we were let through. 

It's probable that the security checks will go back to 'normal' within the next few days just seeing what a disaster they were. 

And even so, the checks themselves  are a bit rubbish. If someone DID want to bring a knife or drugs into the park for whatever reason, it would be easy. They barely check the bags and never seem to check your pockets.

I wished the staff member luck because she, and all the rest of her colleagues at the entrance, are probably in for one hell of a day.

3 hours ago, StevenVig said:

Probably the first time THE HUB has been used this entire season. Every time I walk past it, it's just empty and collecting dust.

I believe it's being used currently as a filming studio for a web series Fanta has been sponsoring, called Joe or something similar

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing was supposed to open this summer, just announced. 

Betting £10 it's this (lifted straight from the press release)...

The indoor maze called The Walking Dead: Living Nightmare will see visitors experience terrifying iconic scenes of the global phenomenon, including the world’s first live attraction featuring of season 7.

This is why people shouldn't read into social media posts too much.  They mean  next to nothing and only disappoint those who think about it too much. 

8 hours ago, BaronC. said:

This is why people shouldn't read into social media posts too much.  They mean  next to nothing and only disappoint those who think about it too much. 

It's not really the readers fault when they specifically mention that the "worlds first" attraction will be dropping this summer, which has now basically ended

DC4Mf4_WAAA3LS4.jpg:large

Went along today expecting it to be quiet since the schools have gone back, but it was much busier than I expected and operations were quite poor throughout. In order of riding (or attempting to ride):

SAW - running well, four trains (I think)

Samurai - not open until 12pm

Colossus - running on only one train all day, queues 45 mins.

Rush - closed all day

Vortex - running well

Stealth - didn't open until around 1:30pm and on only one train all day, queues 45 mins

Nemesis Inferno - running on only one train all day, queues 45 mins.

Rumba Rapids - now officially closed until 2018

Storm Surge - [why did I bother?]

Ghost Train - queue advertised as 45 mins but took just over an hour. Not sure of how many running (how many are there?) - anyway, my first time and I loved it!

SWARM - running on only one train all day, queues 45 mins.

X - running on two trains but zero queue - where's the logic?

Really quite disappointed. Could have fitted in much more if more trains were running on their coasters - so frustrating. And not forgetting the new ridiculous 4pm closing!

• JoshC. unpinned this topic