Marc

2017 Season General Discussion

BaronC.   

The Transformers Tour is happening 15th-23rd August.  Info from Facebook...

Brace yourselves – the Transformers Tour is landing on the Island 15th – 23rd August 2017!

⚡ Explore the Cybertron Chronicles
⚡ Try out the brand new range of Transformers toys
⚡ Grab a selfie with the awesome Optimus Prime truck!

There’s more to them than meets the eye!

https://www.thorpepark.com/tickets-passes/tickets 

BaronC.   

Isn't that really just a common upsell tactic?  Rather than displaying the most basic option as default, display the basic + common extra option as default.  Generates more interest in the extra product, and likely more money.

It could also be based on feedback, especially if many people do buy Fastrack but sometimes struggle to find it (which I think is the case).

Benin   

It'd probably be a bit nicer if it was on another page (like many other parks where they offer the add-ons AFTER you've selected the tickets, rather than seemingly with desperate abandon throw it in at the first round of negotiations)...

1 hour ago, Marc said:

The page with only tickets with fastrack only appears if you select "DAY TICKET + ONE FASTRACK" on https://www.thorpepark.com/tickets-passes/tickets - as you would expect..

If you select "1 DAY THORPE PARK RESORT TICKET" you have the option for just a day ticket along with the fastrack options.

Dont see the issue here? :P

Once you're on the shop, there is no option to select 1 day Thorpe park tickets, there is only the option for day ticket + fast track

Marc   

Only way to get to the shop is to select one of them options from what i can see.

Once in the shop just press the main menu button and then "Entry Tickets" and you can buy just day tickets. 

BaronC.   
On 07/08/2017 at 11:19 AM, Marc said:

Secondly there seems to be different messages they can display now - for example Zodaic went down for sick and instead of just stating "unavailable" it was showing as "Short Delay". Also during bad weather last week they boards were displaying "Weather delay" on affected rides. This all shows on the queue line TVs too for the individual rides.

Noticed a few more ones now, including "Guest Illness" and "Come back later".  Handy little options which help communicate a bit better how long a delay will be without having to ask staff (who generally don't know anyway!).

Whatever   

HUGE queues to get into park today. Apparently they changed the security check system and it's causing absolute mayhem (one long line instead of two shorter ones). I will try and upload screenshots later of the video I took, if I can.

Luckily we managed to skip most of it as my mother informed a (very helpful) member of staff of my brother's disability and his inability to behave when queuing (he's an access pass user) and we were let through. 

It's probable that the security checks will go back to 'normal' within the next few days just seeing what a disaster they were. 

And even so, the checks themselves  are a bit rubbish. If someone DID want to bring a knife or drugs into the park for whatever reason, it would be easy. They barely check the bags and never seem to check your pockets.

I wished the staff member luck because she, and all the rest of her colleagues at the entrance, are probably in for one hell of a day.

The Transformers Tour has now landed at THORPE PARK Resort.

Since this seems to be outside The Big Top, some are speculating that the empty space next to IAC will be used, for the new speculated The Walking Dead: Living Nightmare

attraction.

IMG_0061.JPG.jpeg

IMG_0062.JPG.jpeg

MattyMoo   
15 hours ago, Jack said:

Has anybody been through the transformers thing yet? If so what the hell is it?!

Looks like two shipping containers stuck together with a yellow slide to get out, hope this helps? :D 

Surprised it's not an upsell attraction tbh.

Marc   
2 hours ago, StevenVig said:

Probably the first time THE HUB has been used this entire season. Every time I walk past it, it's just empty and collecting dust.

Seen it used plenty of times - corporate events seem to take place more during the week!

3 hours ago, StevenVig said:

Probably the first time THE HUB has been used this entire season. Every time I walk past it, it's just empty and collecting dust.

I believe it's being used currently as a filming studio for a web series Fanta has been sponsoring, called Joe or something similar