2017 Season General Discussion

Marc

Me and Stuntman were there from about 1pm today, and I'm glad to say that things were running really well (aka, how they should be running their park) :D The queue times were really good for a Saturday (and on a bank holiday weekend) - all rides were around 60 mins or less throughout the day, with the odd 70-90, but not for long. In fact there were quite a few times during the day that some of the main coasters had between 20-30 minute queues - enough time to get a cheeky front row ride on Stealth ^_^
All the 2 train coasters had both trains running, don't know how many Saw and X had but their queues were similar to the other coasters give or take, so presumably full capacity.
The queue times were being updated very regularly which was great. Reliability was very good, Swarm and Stealth had a few shutdowns but they didn't last too long (and it was those which temporarily pushed the other coaster queues up). Only saw DBGT close once :o
And my bae is back on two swings :wub:

444b9260c99bf4d48bc0e0ed8f9644c2.jpg

DBGT is definitely a vast improvement on last year, and now feels like it's what it was originally meant to be. And we finally got to do I'm A Celeb :P Waited until it had no queue right before closing time and witnessed this shocking sight as a result:

15eff51e5aa0dbddf3a4e18e059a7078.jpg

We didn't have a photo opportunity though - have they got rid of it this year, or was it maybe because it was the end of the day?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From the Parks Official FB:

☀️THORPE PARK RESORT PRESENTS A SUMMER OF THRILLS!?

It's officially the first day of summer and we're celebrating with our Island of extremes!

The wettest, the fastest, the scariest - you can find them all right here on the Island Like No Other.

As if that's not enough, this summer we're also dropping:

- An exciting new World's First attraction
- Extreme challenges 
- The Transformers Tour 
- And loads more!

So don't miss out - summer is finally here and it's going to be the most extreme yet!

#IS7NDXTREMES

http://bit.ly/2hXZjcf

An exciting new worlds first attraction?! Let the speculation begin!

5 minutes ago, Marc said:

From the Parks Official FB:

☀️THORPE PARK RESORT PRESENTS A SUMMER OF THRILLS!?

It's officially the first day of summer and we're celebrating with our Island of extremes!

The wettest, the fastest, the scariest - you can find them all right here on the Island Like No Other.

As if that's not enough, this summer we're also dropping:

- An exciting new World's First attraction
- Extreme challenges 
- The Transformers Tour 
- And loads more!

So don't miss out - summer is finally here and it's going to be the most extreme yet!

#IS7NDXTREMES

http://bit.ly/2hXZjcf

An exciting new worlds first attraction?! Let the speculation begin!

When Thorpe confirmed X was shutting for a month it did make me think, as it was running fine and didn't need maintinance at all, so this "worlds first" I believe will be something to with X, maybe a re-brand or a temporary vr coaster, let's get the rumours and theories in

The thing is Merlin use the term "World's First.." very loosely. Even using an IP no other park has used yet may be a "world's first'. It's unlikely to be a new ride if it opens this summer as there's been no sign of construction. Most likely is it will be a rehash of an existing ride or some kind of maze with actors that will open for a few weeks.

Now they no longer have Cabin in the woods, there's a big empty warehouse to build a new maze in. I've seen pictures of the Cabin maze already cleared out. If I had to bet on it, I'd say it will most likely be in that location. I sure hope the world first is not VR related. I'm not against VR, I'm just not a huge fan of Figment Studios VR.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic