2017 Season General Discussion

Marc

On 24/06/2017 at 5:19 PM, Stuntman707 said:

Now they no longer have Cabin in the woods, there's a big empty warehouse to build a new maze in. I've seen pictures of the Cabin maze already cleared out. If I had to bet on it, I'd say it will most likely be in that location. I sure hope the world first is not VR related. I'm not against VR, I'm just not a huge fan of Figment Studios VR.

Please show :)

38 minutes ago, Marc said:

Pretty clever idea TBF - thrope park all over the TVs of millions of viewers - no doubt it will have plenty of ride footage in there too!

Did it work when they had Chessie on the Apprentice?

I'm not sure which is scraping the bottom of who's barrel here really, if only Thorpe had an arena with which to hold this?

14 minutes ago, Stuntman707 said:

Oh dear, I guess that's why there was a maze of barriers put up outside the entrance this week. The entrance needs rebuilding anyway, theres so many temporary fences and structures. The ticket booths are no longer used also.

That will be for the schools over the next couple of weeks - very busy around now!

Parking has been increased to £7.

It is not unusual for major attractions to charge for car parking and we believe that our charge is reasonable. 

THORPE PARK Resort’s objective is always to offer our visitors a uniquely exciting and value for money experience. The revenue that will 
be raised from car parking will be ploughed back into the Park, enabling us not only to continue to open superb new attractions but also to improve the attraction infrastructure ensuring the overall attractiveness of the environment, and high quality of the services on the site.

That said, as part of an ongoing relationship /community programme, THORPE PARK Resort is also working closely with Surrey County Council in an effort to encourage our guests to choose public transport as their primary means of getting to the Park. With quick and easy transport links to and from London, as well as a dedicated bus service from the train station, it is hoped that more people will use public transport which ultimately will help the Park and our guests reduce their carbon footprint.

2 hours ago, Benin said:

Does that mean they'll actually get round to having a proper tarmac car park instead?

Probably not, but that's because the gravel part of the car park can't be fully tarmaced as it's used a flood relief zone (I think).  Probably similar rules for the grass part too.

The money could be reinvested into staffing the car park, better signage, etc.  There has been money pumped into moving the pedestrian entrance to make that safer too, for example.

1 hour ago, Ringo said:

Doubt it, they want you to use public transport instead. 

Not forgetting lockers doubled in price to £2 this year as well

The change in locker price is largely down to the new £1 coin being introduced.  The lockers cannot take the new £1 coin and I believe there is currently no way to retrospectively allow them to.  So it was easier to make it accept only £2 coins rather than have many people waste new coins in there and subsequently complain.

3 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

Probably not, but that's because the gravel part of the car park can't be fully tarmaced as it's used a flood relief zone (I think).  Probably similar rules for the grass part too.

The money could be reinvested into staffing the car park, better signage, etc.  There has been money pumped into moving the pedestrian entrance to make that safer too, for example.

The change in locker price is largely down to the new £1 coin being introduced.  The lockers cannot take the new £1 coin and I believe there is currently no way to retrospectively allow them to.  So it was easier to make it accept only £2 coins rather than have many people waste new coins in there and subsequently complain.

The lockers at Legoland (same make) were updated to take new £1 coins.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic