On 5/9/2018 at 11:12 AM, BaronC. said:

And another photo just to show how amazing the blue is:

DcvetqcW0AA7HwW.jpg

The helix is pretty tight too!

Oooo I am getting The swarm vibes from that helix and I hope it will be intense.

On 5/11/2018 at 11:02 AM, ChessingtonSam said:

As much as I absolutely love that colour, it still irks me a bit that the ride is called Fenix and it's not red.

I get you. I guess the idea is because the train is a Fenix which is flying, the colour reflects the sky, etc. I'm willing to overlook because I'm still in love with the blue though.

But anyways, here's some stuff even nicer than the blue, from the new entrance area...

Dda1AKgV4AA478V.jpg

Posted by Paul Oomen, the park's Technical Director, on Twitter.

17 hours ago, BaronC. said:

I guess the idea is because the train is a Fenix which is flying, the colour reflects the sky

I guess that makes sense, hopefully they make an effect like the train is rising from a pit of fire.

I've heard rumours they've taken inspiration from Baron at Efteling and are including an on ride pre show, so maybe an effect like that will happen there!

I still don't like the silly corner before the first drop, seems like they could've done something else (Gatekeeper's opening inversions for example, with the exit going into the airtime hill)...

It is also really short, which is a shame...

Wow, I've been slack lately - rode this over 2 weeks ago and still haven't posted a review...

Fenix is decent. Good pacing, looks absolutely stunning and flows well. The turn into the dive drop is great as it really picks up some speed going into it; proper nice little whip round. The queue is beautiful (though, bar an extension, entirely enclosed, making it hard to gauge queue times since there's no info board). They're currently using a token system for front row rides similar to Swarm in its first season (you're batched up to the station), so be interesting to see if that works long term.

Two minor complaints - the pre lift sequence isn't ready yet (should be ready by end of season apparently), meaning it's effectively a shed at the moment. Also, the exit stairs from the station are VERY steep, and dimly lit, with a spinny turnstile thing at the bottom of the stairs. Definitely almost tripped down them more than once...

Merlin's Quest is nice, with a nicely themed indoor section. Maybe a bit too long.

Avalon does look beautiful, and I'm sure once it's settled down a bit more with vegetation growing, it'll feel really complete. The new restaurant, The Flaming Feather, is very nice too and reasonably priced!

Port Laguna is a great new entrance portal and again looks beautiful. They've got interactive wands you can buy (for an expensive 25 euros) to interact with the area more. And they've got an indoor attraction / show which shows the technology off more (I assume similar to Ollivander's experience at Wizarding World of Harry Potter?). We went through it (despite it being entirely in Dutch, obviously), and it did seem it needed some more work to it, as many people seemed very 'meh' throughout it. The park have actually since closed the experience to improve it.

So yeah, all in all, a fantastic investment for the park. The park was, unfortunately, very quiet, with Fenix effectively walk on by the end of the day. And the park have said to Looopings that gate figures aren't as high as they hoped after the introduction of the new areas. But it's hopefully just a slow bloomer for the park - after the risk they've taken with this, and their long term plans for expansion, I really hope it proves to be a success for them!