• Wagamama
    • Pizza Hut
    • Fin's Bar and Grill
  3. 3. Creams?

• go on then
    • nah I'm alright

This poll is closed to new votes

Hello my fellow keen beans,

At long last, I am here to start the topic for the Thorpe Park Open Season Meet 2017! The provisional date for this meet is currently Saturday, 25th March 2017, however you may vote otherwise if you wish, unfortunately the dates aren't especially flexible this time round simply because this is the first and only 'normal' weekend in March, so apologies for that! You will have two weeks to place your votes, and the polls will close on Thursday, 2nd February at 9pm!

Should you decide to come out with us to the Island Like No Other, this is what we could be doing...

09:30- meet in the usual place by the AP entrance/cash machine, so we can promptly enter the park for 10

10:00 onwards- we will just be dithering about the park, going on what people want to ride until people get peckish (or hangry)

13:00-13:30- it'll be time for lunch! the group may split to go and have whatever tickles their fancy, or we might all fancy the same thing which would work out nicely 

14:00/14:30 - park close- we'll all go back to getting on those rides until it's time to head off for the post-meet social! like we've done with the previous couple of meets, where we eat is all down to you forum lot, and there's always room for creams...

I know that there will be a fair few rides that people won't want to/can't do (I am a veteran at scoping out benches myself by now!), you will of course be able to go off and do your own thing whilst you wait, but try to make sure you don't lose the group entirely :D 

There will again be no specific 'extra' meet points throughout the day for the sake of ease and simplicity so those latecomers can come to the group, as Ryan and I will both be running this meet I am sure either one of us would be able to come and fetch you if you're a bit lost! 

but remember, if you are late you will be left behind! 

If you are up for this meet, feel free to contact myself or @Ryan to let us know, and feel free to leave any comments or suggestions below! 

Hope to see you there :) 

Who's coming?? 

CWOAFanMalcolm (might be working, definitely coming for meal) (plus meal)

Daniel.S312 (plus meal)

David B (plus meal)

Doc (plus meal)

Felicity (plus meal)

Joestar

Marc (plus meal)

Martin C (plus meal)

Martin Doyle

Matt Creek (meal only) 

mattgwise

Mer (plus meal)

Mitchada04 (plus meal)

Paige (plus meal)

he who shall not be named (plus meal)

Ryan (plus meal)

StevenVig

Stuntman707 (plus meal)

special guest (plus meal)

terrortomb (plus meal)

Weronika (plus meal)

total: 19

8 hours ago, David B said:

Are all the food venues in Staines (other than Finns of course)?

Indeed they are! 

3 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

If this ends up being on the Saturday then alas I can't make it (sad times) - it's my first day at my new job, and I'm just really hoping that demon costume still fits.

I genuinely just ended up snorting some tea 

On 20/01/2017 at 0:18 PM, David B said:

Just a warning TGIs isn't acceptable (sorry, I'm not very bright and have a limited vocabulary) (sorry, I'm not very bright and have a limited vocabulary) (sorry, I'm not very bright and have a limited vocabulary) (sorry, I'm not very bright and have a limited vocabulary) (sorry, I'm not very bright and have a limited vocabulary) food in Staines from past experience with a couple of members.

As much as I'm a big fan of TGIS, Staines is sadly the weakest I've been to. Having been to the Ines in Watford, Crawley, Cardiff and Leicester SQ. which are much better.  Reviews are Here.

I homestly have no preference at all at all where we eat, but am curious as to why Harvester isn't featured on the poll, unless it's closed down since I last went which would be a shame.

3 minutes ago, Matt Creek said:

As much as I'm a big fan of TGIS, Staines is sadly the weakest I've been to. Having been to the Ines in Watford, Crawley, Cardiff and Leicester SQ. which are much better. 

I homestly have no preference at all at all where we eat, but am curious as to why Harvester isn't featured on the poll, unless it's closed down since I last went which would be a shame.

I'm not fussed were we eat to be honest but I do agree Staines TGI is weak and have heard others say the same to.

Tasted great to me when I went last August! :P And I'm quite a fussy eater! 

I don't mind that Harvester isn't an option, I've never been that impressed by the food or the menu choices :ph34r: 

Also I love how much food clearly means to us :lol: Beware of the hangry members!

• paige unpinned this topic