• TGI Friday's (attempt two)
    • Wagamama
    • Pizza Hut
    • Fin's Bar and Grill
  3. 3. Creams?

• go on then
    • nah I'm alright

This poll is closed to new votes

If you intend on coming to the meet AND would like to have some pizza, please drop either myself or [mention=3122]Ryan[/mention] a message by 21:00 on this Saturday, 4th March so that we may get the table all booked nice and early on Sunday. If you don't let us know you're coming by then we will assume you don't wish to eat with us so you won't be accounted for when we do the booking, so please make sure you do! 

Thanks [emoji4]

I will be there for food as well as the meet.

39 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

About time I came to one of these meets. Please put me down. I am very quiet around new people initially as a heads up :) 

I shall attend the meal if it's not too late, but no worries if it is as I can see a lot of people are going and can't be easy organising.

I was SO nervous when I went to my first meet (actually took anxiety meds) but I really didn't need to - I'm sure you will fit in really well - after all,  we all have the same interests - plus queuing is a great time to get to know other members - everyone is really friendly and people understand it can be nerve wracking at first.  I've made some fab friends through the meets and had great times

1 minute ago, Han30 said:

I was SO nervous when I went to my first meet (actually took anxiety meds) but I really didn't need to - I'm sure you will fit in really well - after all,  we all have the same interests - plus queuing is a great time to get to know other members - everyone is really friendly and people understand it can be nerve wracking at first.  I've made some fab friends through the meets and had great times

That's really useful to know, I guess everyone was "new to it" at some point. I wonder if I am the only newbie attending this one? 

Not sure if you are the only newbie but you won't feel like a newbie for long!  I had a 3 year break from meets due to personal reasons and was so nervous about seeing everyone again and meeting new people at last years fright nights meet - it was one of the best things I did and I loved it.  There was another member who came along who was new to meets who was very nervous aswell but really enjoyed it and has been to all the following meets. 

You will be made to feel very welcome and also I love that there is no pressure for people to go on rides they don't want - I always spectate the members on Detonator as that things scares me immensely - heck I use to not be able to go on Mr Monkeys banana ride!

So guysssssss... due to the usual malarky of trying to book a table at a restaurant of 20+ on a Saturday evening, we have had to go for the 2nd voted choice (for the third meet in a row!). Also Pizza Hut were being silly and said they don't take bookings for Saturday evenings (oh well their loss).

SOOOOO - we have 4 tables booked for TGI Friday's in Staines, they will all be next to each other in the same section so don't panic! This will also make payment at the end easier :P 

The table is booked for 18:15PM, this means people can park from 18:00 for free!

Even though I can't attend the meet - can I say the system employed by [mention=3122]Ryan[/mention] for paying at Frankie & Bennies on the Guildford meet was faultless, good work sir.

Fair enough. Please let me know if I need to pay in cash in advance of the meet as I tend to pay for most things by card these days. Should you prefer everyone to pay in cash that's fine as long as I know so I can withdraw cash on the day.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's looking increasingly unlikely that I will be able to make this meet now - lack of funds due to having 2 cats vaccinated last week - awaiting some bingo winnings so if they go in I'll do my best to get there.  If I can't then hope everyone has a fab time! :)

19 minutes ago, StevenVig said:

I'm planning on attending the meal also, can this be updated on the attending list?

Thanks

As you did not make myself or Paige aware that you are planning on coming to the meal, all spaces are currently booked up. We will let you know if this changes. 

• paige unpinned this topic