Alton Towers Quick Questions

Paul

5 hours ago, Paul said:

Does anyone know how much bounce back tickets were for next day park entry last year at Alton Towers? Or indeed how much they are likely to be this year?

If you are intending to visit two days in a row, I would recommend getting the 2 day ticket Which is around £43 5 days in advance or £59. 

If you are not intending to visit within two consecutive days, your best option may be Towers 2 Tickets. This is the park's bounce back option but you can only buy on the day I believe. 

Do they not do bounce back when you are in the park anymore? I was there last year and could have been sure I saw posters with 'Come back tomorrow for only £___', I just can't remember what price they were, or if indeed I was imagining it and had seen them in another park. 

Thanks Matt! 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

I want to know why is the same merch in Towers Trading marked up compared to the other gift shops around the park?

Because it’s right at the exit, people normally want to go round the park without bags so say we’ll get it on way out.

2 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

I want to know why is the same merch in Towers Trading marked up compared to the other gift shops around the park?

What sort of price differences are we talking about here (genuinely curious)?  

I'm partially surprised because I'd have expected all their tills to run on the same system and same prices simply for sake of convenience from a back-end perspective.  But one can't deny that's a clever way to squeeze more money out of people..

• 2 months later...

Could anybody think of a way me and my friend(s), all 15, could easily get to Alton Towers without being driven? There's a variety of reasons why not, but the general gist is my dad doesn't want to drive 6-12 hours in one day depending on if my family stay up there with us (which causes other problems) and the hotel costs too much with an extra one or two people.

Taking the train is a fairly doable option (having done it myself). Take an early morning train from London Euston to Stoke-on-Trent, then catch the shuttle bus from there to Alton Towers. Do the reverse on the way back, I recommend booking a few weeks in advance as the train tickets are significantly cheaper, also travel on a weekend as weekday morning trains are very expensive.

When I did it I was staying for a few days but I can't see why it couldn't be done for just a day (except being a bit tiring!) :) Hope this helps.