TPM PortAventura Meet September 2017

Ryan

OK, I am 100% up for this and certainly looking forward to it!

For other members that are planning on making the trip but have not booked any flights, hotels or tickets yet like I have, would anyone be happy for me to share another room for 4 at the El Paso hotel for the flights and tickets specified by Ryan above?

An individual room at the same hotel would cost nearly 4 times the amount and a twin/triple room nearly twice the amount, so sharing one between four would be much more ideal and affordable for all of us. If interested, please either send me a PM or invite me to a group so we can all arrange this together as I honestly don't know where to begin with all this or which members to ask.

• Ryan pinned this topic

I've contacted PortAventura directly to enquire a bit more about the accommodation amenities they offer at their hotels which those of us staying on-site might find useful in preparation for the trip. Below is what I have found out:

• Since most if not all of us will be arriving at around midday, you can leave your bags at the hotel and spend the remainder of the day in the park, even before you check-in at 3pm onwards.
  • Same for checking-out by 11am. You still have access to the park for the whole day until closure.
  • For the discounted Express Passes for hotel guests, these are the prices and offers going:
    • €25 (Express Max) - 1 admission for all available attractions for 1 day.
    • €30 (Express Max Gold) - 1 admission for all available attractions for 1 day + an additional single ride in front row for Shambhala, Furius Baco & Dragon Khan.
    • €61 (Express Premium) - unlimited access for ALL DAYS you stay at the resort.
    • €66 (Express Premium Gold) - unlimited access for ALL DAYS you stay at the resort + 1 front row ride on Shambhala, Furius Baco and Dragon Khan.
    • The premium passes also gives you priority seats to the shows and theaters for Temple Magic, Jing-Chou, Gran Teatro Imperial & Gran Teatro Maya.
    • These tickets can be picked up alongside your park pass at reception.
  • Despite what some travel agencies might say when you book through them, access to the outdoor swimming pool is included in the price at no extra charge.
  • Water park tickets are NOT included at the hotel, but you do get a discount. I didn't get a price unfortunately.

As you can see, €61+ might sound a lot, but considering it's valid every day you stay, includes front row access and the best seats for all the live shows, I don't think it's that bad, especially in comparison to what UK parks tend to offer!

EDIT (15/03):
For those of us that have booked this through Expedia as a package, some bundles say it includes a '1 Ferrari Land ticket'. After contacting both the hotel and Expedia directly who were offering the deal, it took several days to get a definite answer. You do in fact get one ticket per person for the room you reserve so for our group's sake, myself, Kerfuffle and Martin Doyle will all get individual tickets for one day in Ferrari Land after arrival at the hotel, thus saving us €30 each.

One thing worth mentioning however is you can only get the tickets at least 1 day after you check-in at the hotel, so we can only visit on either the 10th/11th September, not the 9th or 12th. Also, the park is operating a time schedule so we might be given the choice to either enter from 10am-6pm or 6pm-1am as evidenced on their website when you book tickets with them. Not sure how this works at the moment but my guess is they don't expect you to spend a full day day in the park as opposed to the main park which is obviously much larger and has a greater selection.

• 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, mrmonkey said:

Hows Planning coming along for this? :))

Everything's all planned, closer to the time we will be setting up a group chat to discuss meeting points etc!

I know @StevenVig has booked a room and is looking for other members to join in that room, so please do message him to see if he still has a space. 

• paige unpinned this topic