Timber Tug Boat

Josh3103

Seems like Thorpe have been working on the drop tower ride which I heard would be opening next season. Now Slammers going to be closed I'm guessing they are using the money to open up the drop ride instead. Also confirmed on Facebook it'll be called Lumber Jump, yayyy

20 hours ago, ThorpeAddict said:

Also confirmed on Facebook it'll be called Lumber Jump, yayyy

Catchy! I like it! :P But if they're gonna be giving Timber and Lumber these wooden-sounding names then they can at least rethink the shocking colour scheme over the closed season; I do not need to be gouging my eyes out next year...

• 2 weeks later...

Rode Tug Boat today and here is my review - it's naff.  Very little theming, zero queue but the kids on the ride seemed to enjoy it and I guess it's nice that it's something for the little ones.  Felt a bit sorry for the ride op - he was really friendly but as we were riding I'm fairly sure he was having a good pick of his nose....I won't elaborate further on that last bit :ph34r:

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, pluk said:

Wow, this little selection might be new, but it's already being run like a dieing octopus garden again?

Octopus Garden was operated differently, in that all 7 rides in the area were always available, but they only had about 3 or 4 people to operate the rides.  If you wanted to ride one of those rides, you would have to specifically ask a member of staff at a different ride to come and operate it.  And I believe if you go even further back (like in the 90s) it didn't even have to be a person who worked on Rides - anyone who worked in the nearby surrounding area was trained on how to 'operate them'; ie - how to turn a key.  

The cases are very different to be fair.