Stuff that "Triggers You as"/"Makes You Cringe at" an Enthusiast

Charlesberg

Yup queue jumpers - especially the idiots that will climb over fences and no doubt if they fell and hurt themselves would probably try and get some form of compo out of the park 

I had another one pop into my head - people who damage theming in queue lines really grind my gears - ok so you might be a bit bored but that's no excuse to start defacing things - most recently I saw a girl with big long skanky nails peeling away at the poster things in DBGT queue - I was tempted to say something but those nails were a freaking weapon

• 3 months later...

People who say how great opening hours are in America compared to Europe and how 10pm closes are the norm. Yes of course they are because the parks spend half the week fricking closed. Holiday World for example only opens for guests for 8 days in the whole of September.597396fe67929_ScreenShot2017-07-22at19_16_24.thumb.png.2a8a13d53d08d0e7bf3aebf6181e741e.png

FRICKING JOKE!!! Makes planning a trip there impossible outside of August.

On 07/04/2017 at 0:21 AM, Stuntman707 said:
  •  
  • Enthusiasts who constatnly hate on Merlin for everything, even on the good things they're doing critising imporvements etc. (The Towers Street forum is terrible at doing this). If you don't like anything Merlin does, stop going to their parks!

I used to think this too, but then I learnt a lot more about the inner workings of Merlin and my views changed. It really comes down to if you actually enjoy an experience at a Merlin park or not, and I realised I wasn't enjoying all their second-best, cheap dumbing down so I stopped going and stopped being an apologist for them.

They are after all an enormous company with a very deep wallet, and they know what they can get away with in the UK, so always get away with poorer standards, often treating their staff, contractors and even guests as idiots just to make a bigger buck.

However I agree it is very annoying when "Merlin this", "Merlin that" is spouted about everything without any justification on some forums, or pure cynicism which doesn't help anything whatsoever!

My only "trigger" is when enthusiasts bang on about stats, manufacturers or pointless information, above their actual enjoyment of the parks. Lots of people seem to need reminding that theme parks are ultimately about fun, not Wikipedia!

• Enthusiasts having to announce the rides manufacture out loud to everyone in a queue, pretty sure the GP don't give a two...
  • Like most people have said people comparing both NInferno and Nemesis. (Yes I prefer Inferno but thats beyond the point)
  • People who think that the rollercoaster could fly of the rails especially when they are on it. (That would be ironic...)
  • When enthusiasts give incorrect stats. (Watching a NInferno lift climb on YT and being told that NInferno is 43/45mph...)

• 2 months later...

When people tell you about something that happened on a roller coaster that isn’t physically possible (e.g. Dragon’s Fury stopping halfway around the high-banking turnaround *insert correct element name*), and then say stuff like “well you weren’t there, so...” after telling them.

Generally when the GP say you’re incorrect for a (theme park) fact that you could swear on your life is true. This has happened multiple times with the GP saying the drop on Sheikra goes inwards (beyond vertical).

7 hours ago, Terry Terry said:

When people tell you about something that happened on a roller coaster that isn’t physically possible (e.g. Dragon’s Fury stopping halfway around the high-banking turnaround *insert correct element name*), and then say stuff like “well you weren’t there, so...” after telling them.

I can see where the Fury one would come from, Spinball has got stuck at the top of the immelman turn so it's not impossible for Fury to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwTKyLLp4EQ

Generally when the GP say you’re incorrect for a (theme park) fact that you could swear on your life is true. This has happened multiple times with the GP saying the drop on Sheikra goes inwards (beyond vertical).

Usually, if this is the case, I will pull up RCDB or Wiki, just to show them the correct info, but honestly, it rarely happens to me, and you can be an experienced enthusiast (6 years for me) and still get things wrong!

Some things that enthusiasts say can really wind me up, it seems some people suffer with being unable to admit if they're wrong. (Talking about Facebook mostly)

• 2 weeks later...

Enthusiasts who are a bit too patriotic to there home park

You see this worst in America with Disney against Universal Orlando. Good example was recently when they opened there latest ride and water park (they basically replaced the normal queue with reserve n ride ;) ) but as soon as that happened the Disney fans accused universal of "copying Disney" because Disney had a fast pass system.

It happens with fans of every park when people cant find fault with there home park or say something in another park is better (no theme park is perfect)

Also people trying to enter swarm or stealth via the sunken garden.  lovely place that garden but unfortunately be a while before that would connect to swarm if at all

But to be fair if you never visited Thorpe before your likely to get lost a few sign posts would help

• 6 months later...

A, when other enthusiasts are anal about a rides current name when it used to be called something else - I.e. AIR will always kind of be 'AIR' to me - but if I call it that I get snapped by others ' you mean Galactica' - yes okay okay - or 'the haunted house'......'YOU MEAN DUEL' - well yes - whatever! does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? 

B, when others say a ride 'IS ****' - no YOU think it's **** - which does not objectively make it ACTUALLY ****. 

On 4/21/2018 at 10:52 PM, ChessingtonSam said:

Enthusiasts who think they're above the "GP" because they know who built Nemesis or whatever.

The modern breed of up and coming enthusiasts are just the worst thing ever, it's taken me literally 20 years of doing this to make me the entitled, condescending, know it all bastard I am today, it takes them 1 trip to the Merlin big 3...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite happy to admit I live in my own little enthusiast World and that TPM and my 2 enthusiast best friends are my only links to the enthusiast community. However the other day I stumbled on a YouTube series dedicated to the sketchy going ons (past & present) in the UK enthusiast community and I was disgusted, without going into any details the things I saw made me feel ashamed to be associated with this hobby I love. After stepping back I concluded, those assholes be damned I'm not going to let them represent this scene and I'm going to try even harder to do my part to make the best of us look good.

I also want to say you lot are a good bunch and you're doing us proud but I won't because I'm too condescending.

• 7 months later...

It annoys me when enthusiasts complain about cloned rides. Most GP don't travel around different countries and continents to visit obscure theme parks, so most don't even know there are clones of some of these rides.

If I ride Blue Fire at Europa Park the physical experience isn't devalued because there's a copy in Russia, Dubai etc. If as an enthusiast you enjoy a ride less because there's a copy in some far off country most guests won't ever visit then that's very sad.

• 6 months later...

Enthusiasts that pretend to be “in the know” about future park projects...

”MY SOURCES ARE TELLING ME THAT THORPE PARK ARE GETTING AN RMC!!”

”MY SOURCES ARE TELLING ME SWARM IS GETTING VR”

Oh yeah??...what “source”??

Was the sources name HP source by any chance? was his name Heinz? Uncle Bens? Nando’s extra hot? Danny’s BBQ?

Honestly find that whole thing annoying as heck!!