TPM Thorpe Park Ministry Of Sound Meet - Saturday 22nd July 2017

Ryan

Hello all!

I'm excited to announce the details for our Thorpe Park Ministry of Sound meet! This years theme for MOS is Summer Sessions B)

As this is a set date event, there will obviously not be a poll open for this trip, so it will definitely be on Saturday 22nd July (get those hotels/train tickets booked early ;))

There will be 3 parts to this meet - Thorpe Park during the day, a picnic afterwards that can be enjoyed by everyone and the clubbing event & overnight stay to try out the Shark Hotel in the evening which is unfortunately over 18's only! You will have a choice whether to stay in Shark Hotel or Chertsey Travelodge :) 

Under 18's are more than welcome to attend the Thorpe part of the meet, but I'm afraid for obvious reasons you won't be able to attend the MOS part.

The layout of the day will be as follows:

09:30 - Meet by the AP entrance/cash machine at the gates of the park, so we can all enter together at 10:00

10:00 - 13:00 - Make our way around the park and trying to get on as many rides as possible

13:00 - 14:00 - Stop for a lunch hour, everyone is free to go and eat where they like at this time

14:00 - This will be the 2nd meet point for anyone coming later in the day, and we WILL be taking a group photo

14:20 - Park close - Continue riding allllll the fun rides until we throw up (I'm looking at you banana boat)

Evening - Once the park has closed and all the non MOS people have left, we will have a bit of a picnic (I might even bring a picnic blanket). We will then go into the MOS event and drink sensibly :)  and not get too drunk :) and not be asked to leave :) best behaviour :) looking at you Mr Fish :) 

Event Pricing (as of time of writing):

Standard MOS entry - £15

AP Holder MOS entry - £15

VIP table + entry - £40 (includes entry, cloakroom, VIP table, bottle of champagne for table, access to VIP bar)

Hotel Pricing per room (as of time of writing):

Shark hotel X 2 adults (includes MOS ticket, breakfast/fastrack next morning) - £229

Shark hotel X 3 adults (includes MOS ticket, breakfast/fastrack next morning) - £279

Shark hotel X 4 adults (includes MOS ticket, breakfast/fastrack next morning) - £329

Chertsey X 3 adults (not including MOS ticket) - £52 (Obviously much cheaper, if you don't mind getting taxi after the event!)

Please comment below if you're interested in attending and what your sleeping arrangements will be. If there's a group of people willing to get the VIP ticket then we will sort that and get a big table (the fact you get a VIP bar is great because Thorpe MOS bar queues are longgg).

Oh and please could I ask that nobody breaks Stealth this time, ta!

Attending: (Bold for MOS)

• CWOAFanMalcolm 
  • Doc
  • Felicity
  • Han30
  • j.s217
  • Kerfuffle (Maybe)
  • Marc 
  • Martin.C
  • Mer
  • Mitchada04
  • Mr Fish
  • Peaj
  • Ryan
  • Stuntman707
  • TallGuyDom
  • Terrortomb
  • Timber Creek 
  • Weronika (Maybe)

• Ryan pinned this topic

Its unlikely I will attend the July MOS as I'm visiting a non uk park in the week that week and therefor expect to be working at the weekend of this event this year. I'm saving my left over annual leave for uk events for Fright Nights weekend.

However if I'm not working and can get I may go but think it is unlikely I will attend the July MOS this season.

• 1 month later...

so as you all probably know by now, the tickets for MoS have indeed been released

you can get some more information on the event itself and book your tickets HERE, remember to select Saturday, 22nd July otherwise you'll be all by yourself (even though some might prefer that it kind of defeats the purpose but sure each to their own)

if you want to attending the MoS aspect of the meet you must be OVER 18, but feel free to just join us during the day if you're under 18 or simply don't fancy attending the evening event, just ensure you let either myself or @Ryan know so we have an idea of who will be where!

people who will be attending MoS tend to make their own arrangements with booking hotel rooms for the saturday night, so it would be suuper helpful if you could make it known if you'd like to be involved in that too for the sake of the members who need someone to split the costs of a room with

Not sure on this meet but would be good to go as I'm not able to make it to the Towers meet - my sister gets married on the Monday so if my finances are alright I'll try and make it - would only be for the day part as booze plus my anti sickness meds don't mix well

• 2 weeks later...
  • paige unpinned this topic