Slammer replacement?

JoshC.

Following the delightful announcement that Slammer is no more, I want to be that annoying guy who creates the way too keen topic about what people would like to see in its place...

I guess there is a serious undertone to this though.  Unlike Loggers, for example, Slammer is quite visible around the park, and leaving it SBNO is quite obvious.  So presumably the park will want to physically remove the ride sooner rather than later, if at all possible.  

So what would you like to see replace it?  Would you like a new ride, and if so, what?  Would you prefer the area to become a more open space, say to be used for small events?  A redevelopment of Bush BBQ to extend that area?  Leave the area blank and use it if / when X leaves the park?

Bring your ideas TPM...and no suggestions of spins of the top variety...

With heavy rumours of X and Slammer leaving the park 2015, I wouldn't be surprised if both X and Slammer got removed shortly and that area getting used for a large investment over the next few years. What I'd like to see as well, but removing X won't be easy so we will see :)

22 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

17 minutes ago, ThemeCrafter264 said:

I would most want a flat ride like a top spin to be built there or something along the lines of a RMC t-rex coaster to be built (which would also use loggers leap site).

87wQl.gif 

Tbh I think they will put something like Air Force in its place, but what I would love to see (and yes I know it is never going to happen) is a ride like sledgehammer at Canada's wonderland.

A realistic suggestion could be an air wolf, I really think that would fill slammer's boots as you will also be able to see it flying through the air from all around the park, much like slammer.

A ride like air force would be a disastrous choice. It just has such a poor throughput. That with often slow operations just wouldn't be good for a park like Thorpe Park. It was a silly decision putting in the two kids rides in old town as it was a perfect chance to properly redevelop the entire area. Unless they plan to still do that and the two new attractions are part of whatever image they plan on moving that area to, hence why they don't fit currently.

The only criteria I can really think off is to be thrilling and visually impressive. One huge Intamin Gryoswing would do the job nicely.

If the park are thinking more long term, I wouldn't be surprised if they just plonked down some travelling flats or inflatable games which at least would help distribute the crowds whilst a more long term solution is being dreampt up (whether that be coaster, experience or flat ride).

10 hours ago, mrmonkey said:

A themed version of one of these??? 

From a marketing perspective, wouldn't the GP think it's essentially another Samurai though?

Part of me feels like we'll get a Larson looper there - they can market it as a coaster and it would provide another Thrilling experience for Thorpe Park.

On 5/8/2017 at 7:31 AM, CharlieN said:

From a marketing perspective, wouldn't the GP think it's essentially another Samurai though?

Part of me feels like we'll get a Larson looper there - they can market it as a coaster and it would provide another Thrilling experience for Thorpe Park.

True! I see the similarities - I'm just thinking of flats which are unique in the UK! 

On 2017-5-14 at 0:25 AM, Project LC said:

I'm not really sure how the foot print would work without moving a couple of buildings but the xtreme spinning coaster from Mack might be a nice addition. Certainly gimmicky enough for merlin and would provide something as a tie over until their next big coaster.

There's no room for that, and what buildings do you think they would move?

Slammer is a fairly small ride in comparison to some flats, I'm not sure what could really take its place

I'm sure they could fit this in, and is a good choice  - but it would need to extend to other areas!...they could build it over part of X's dome/ intwine it with Colossus, extend it out to Samurai (move or re-move Samurai) Never underestimate designers/landscapers when it comes to fitting things in! Mack could even create a custom track to fit in the landscape!

4 minutes ago, RobF said:

Throughput would be awful surely ??

It wouldn't be too bad. Its capable of 2 trains so imagine it would have a similar throughput to a normal flat ride like rush and it would be higher than whatever slammer did. If throughput was there goal though they could go for the skyline attractions skywarp.

On 5/6/2017 at 7:40 PM, BaronC. said:

On 5/6/2017 at 7:45 PM, ThemeCrafter264 said:

I would most want a flat ride like a top spin to be built there-

On 5/6/2017 at 7:55 PM, Benin said:

-One post, ONE GODDAMN POST...

Pls send help! I can't breathe. This is just perfect! :lol:

I know this is really far-fetched as it would cost millions to tear down the building but if you got rid of X to form one big site then you've got room for a coaster (preferably family) or even a dark ride. Because let's face it - X kinda needs to go sometime soon...

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Jammy101 said:

maybe a themed zierer Starshape like mechanica at liseberg.

They don't have the reliability and quality to be a wise investment. If BPB deemed Bling was not worth keeping, I doubt Thorpe would buy one if I'm honest.

They also make me want to vom.