Slammer replacement?

JoshC.

• 2 weeks later...

It was sitting there rusting away behind the giant fences as of 2 weeks ago. I doubt they'll start tearing it down until the closed season because of it's location and lack of access.

I'm struggling to think what could fit in there as it's actually pretty tight. I'd love to see some sort of observation tower there, something like the one at Europa-Park or the i360 in Brighton.

11 hours ago, pluk said:

How about one of those deathly free fall into a suspended net upcharge things? I'm all for upcharge with something as unique and thrilling as that.

I'm assuming you mean a SCAD dive? They are very overrated in my opinion, it was fun but I would much prefer to do a sky coaster or slingshot 

• 5 months later...

Yeah Slammer being bought by another theme park is as likely as the CCR trains and Ivor being bought by another theme park both are "for sale" but in reality there both in a state of needing a major overhaul and I dont think any company could provide the funds and effort to do it.

RIP slammer, a good unique ride but a maintenance nightmare. True S&S philosophy 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Thorpe Park Alpaca said:

I think that The Slammer will be leaving us fairly soon. along with X (or TWD) as in my opinion I think X will be leaving us at the end of this season.

I don’t think they will scrap the walking dead ride as it’s brand new and they have spent quite a bit of money on “doing it up” I think it will be there for 3 seasons at least...I can’t see them tearing it down anytime soon as they need to focus and invest on loggers and river rapids!

19 hours ago, RockerRollercoaster8 said:

I don’t think they will scrap the walking dead ride as it’s brand new and they have spent quite a bit of money on “doing it up” I think it will be there for 3 seasons at least...I can’t see them tearing it down anytime soon as they need to focus and invest on loggers and river rapids!

I think we'll see a 'Sub Terra' here.

The ride in a few years will have poor rideship and the park will realize they can't be ar**ed to keep it open, so it would be boarded up and the ride will be SBNO for ages.

Slammer I think will stay SBNO for a while- I really hope they replace it with a another flat ride but I might be dreaming with that..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/7/2017 at 8:38 PM, mrmonkey said:

A themed version of one of these??? 

I can imagine if it's themed on Swarm Island as "THE SWARM: AIR ATTACK". It's themed to an air combat army, which would try to defeat The Swarm (aliens), but they would be outnumbered. What do you think of that?

And I was referring to The Swarm.

Edited by 08newmanb