ChiapasC.

Slammer replacement?

It was sitting there rusting away behind the giant fences as of 2 weeks ago. I doubt they'll start tearing it down until the closed season because of it's location and lack of access.

I'm struggling to think what could fit in there as it's actually pretty tight. I'd love to see some sort of observation tower there, something like the one at Europa-Park or the i360 in Brighton.

How about one of those deathly free fall into a suspended net upcharge things? I'm all for upcharge with something as unique and thrilling as that.

11 hours ago, pluk said:

How about one of those deathly free fall into a suspended net upcharge things? I'm all for upcharge with something as unique and thrilling as that.

I'm assuming you mean a SCAD dive? They are very overrated in my opinion, it was fun but I would much prefer to do a sky coaster or slingshot 

I honestly can't remember my one go on a SkyCoaster, but my word the SCAD Tower at Tivoli Friheden was one of the most exciting thrills I've ever done...

Yeah Slammer being bought by another theme park is as likely as the CCR trains and Ivor being bought by another theme park both are "for sale" but in reality there both in a state of needing a major overhaul and I dont think any company could provide the funds and effort to do it.

RIP slammer, a good unique ride but a maintenance nightmare. True S&S philosophy 

On 24/01/2018 at 2:32 PM, J.S217 said:

How about an S&S freespin. In Slammers place....

That would be nothing short of an insult as a replacement to the magnificence of Slammer.

6 hours ago, Thorpe Park Alpaca said:

I think that The Slammer will be leaving us fairly soon. along with X (or TWD) as in my opinion I think X will be leaving us at the end of this season.

I don’t think they will scrap the walking dead ride as it’s brand new and they have spent quite a bit of money on “doing it up” I think it will be there for 3 seasons at least...I can’t see them tearing it down anytime soon as they need to focus and invest on loggers and river rapids!

19 hours ago, RockerRollercoaster8 said:

I don’t think they will scrap the walking dead ride as it’s brand new and they have spent quite a bit of money on “doing it up” I think it will be there for 3 seasons at least...I can’t see them tearing it down anytime soon as they need to focus and invest on loggers and river rapids!

I think we'll see a 'Sub Terra' here.

The ride in a few years will have poor rideship and the park will realize they can't be ar**ed to keep it open, so it would be boarded up and the ride will be SBNO for ages.

Slammer I think will stay SBNO for a while- I really hope they replace it with a another flat ride but I might be dreaming with that..

3 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

I think we'll see a 'Sub Terra' here.

Possibly not, with the local water table it'd be a one way ticket.

I have seen the ABC Tourbillon. That could be a great thrill rides for Thorpe Park. There all about extreme thrills and 3 rotations of axis and an all round thrill factor is perfect. Also themed around like an abandoned construction site brought to life with possessed steel.