Slammer replacement?

JoshC.

46 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Would they consider a Star Shape (a la Danter's Air) to replace Samurai one day do you think?

I'd hope not, such a dull ride.

I can imagine the Slammer/Samurai/Loggers/CCR area being cleared and combined for a new major ride rather than being used as it is now.

Tbh anyone remember bling at bpb

This would be a bad idea, thorpe has a respectable amount of flats, its towers that needs the flat’s investment tbh. I hope the whole area gets a major investment and is beborn keeping to the west/canada theme.

maybe add a traditional saloon to the area serving food/ drink (smith and western operated anyone?). With a decent woody comparable to woodan/troy. Interacting with a good old fashion mine train (not a mack powered).

The area has a decent footprint and potential, lets see what thorpe come up with. . . (Tbh it will likely be something boring and uninspiring)

• 4 years later...
37 minutes ago, Exodus thrills said:

I think it will be reopened and used as a flat ride in the same area as project exodus or it will become a ride a bit like Kobra at Chessington 

You think Slammer will be reopened? No chance. That rust bucket has been stood SBNO for so long now that I guarantee if they tried to as much as budge it, it would crumble to a thousand pieces.

That combined with the fact that S&S no longer manufacture said ride will make finding replacement parts a fairly impossible task.

My prediction - it will be removed shortly after Exodus because the park will realise how disgusting it looks next to a brand new coaster, turned into a temporary picnic area with benches until 2025 when the park have the funds to invest in a brand new type of flat ride to sit in its place.

It would've made much more sense to factor in Slammer's replacement into the Exodus plans, but I guess demolishing multiple rides in Old Town along with the buildings and infastructure, then rebuilding a few buildings on top of building the UK's tallest rollercoaster probably isn't the cheapest thing in the world.

I hope the park put a system into place (hopefully not virtual queuing like Madrill Mayhem, but I guarantee we'll be getting that exact system) to help manage queues once Exodus opens - because without any supporting rides in the area, the queue is going to be absolutely heaving.

• 2 weeks later...

Will it be, or won't it be, please money, we want it please

The time has come, to say farewell, or say hello, but who does care

How can we dance when our ride's not turning,

How can we build when the power's going,

How will we look when the eyes are on us,

Will we succeed with the eyes, car, on, us