Lumber Jump

Stuntman707

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Stuntman707 said:

This has to be the worst new attraction Thorpe has ever done. A half arsed re-theme of a used ride with a hut and fencing painted by someone colourblind. To top it off, a grand opening with no-one on it. :lol:

Certainly not grand, just open.

Your Loggers replacement ladies and gentlemen

I still don't get the hate.

>People say Thorpe should include more kid/family rides.

>Thorpe introduce such rides (admittedly on the cheap).

>People complain that Thorpe introduce kid rides.

Yeah alright, they look a bit naff and out of place.  It's clear they've been added in very cheaply and as a side project to help keep the family side of things happy in the short term.  

But Thorpe have introduced 2 0.9m attractions which are attractive to the younger market, and will help boost the 'things to do' quota for those people.  It hasn't happened instead of anything else, hasn't got in the way of future development, and causes no real harm to anyone.  

I just don't understand the hate outside of 'they don't fit in with the brown-coloured area'?

It's just an odd situation I think, half the park is shut and in dire need of investment yet they bring in two second hand flats.

The rides aren't really of the standard you'd expect in a park on the scale of Thorpe and they look terrible, though I guess it's better than nothing.

8 minutes ago, Coaster said:

It's just an odd situation I think, half the park is shut and in dire need of investment yet they bring in two second hand flats.

The rides aren't really of the standard you'd expect in a park on the scale of Thorpe and they look terrible, though I guess it's better than nothing.

Part of me thinks that whatever kids / low-key family ride they added, it would get moaned at for not being something you expect at Thorpe.  A Rockin' Tug is a ride which you'd find at a lot of parks, but because Thorpe have added one that isn't themed to the surrounding area, it gets mocked.  Frog Hoppers are pretty common too and work as a 'little extra', but again, Thorpe are getting mocked for it.  And the mis-match of theme as a moan-point feels pointless, when basically all of Thorpe's investment since at least 2012 (arguably earlier) hasn't 'fit in' with its surrounding, bar I'm a Celeb.  Just feels like a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

And in fairness, the total investment cost of the two new rides is going to be in the thousands.  The investment needed for any closed-off area of the park will be in the millions.  So it's not really a case of investing in one over the other.

I accept that this is ultimately a second hand ride, bur I cant help but feel that it looks like a second hand poundland ride from the gondala design and how old it looks to to the exposed and wuite frankly ugly tower. 

Our local beach park 15 years ago had a better family drop tower called the bat than this pile of ****

I don't think anyone is complaining about Thorpe installing new kids rides. Every park needs a good mix of different flat rides and fillers.

Its just the way it's been done on the cheap like a funfair, heck worse than that as even Brighton Pier managed to invest in a brand new rotating frog hopper. So since a funfair managed to build a better ride than Thorpe Park, then I'm afraid Thorpe rightly deserve a damn good mocking over it.

It's not what people expect to see in a top UK Resort. Nor should we drop our expectations so low to the point we shouldn't moan and be glad that they installed literally 'any old s**t' in an almost abandoned area of the park just to boost the ride count. There's no excuses, Thorpe Park Resort should not be run like an unsuccessful funfair.

If anyone thinks it's pointless to keep on moaning about a lack of theming at a theme park, then you're misunderstanding what a theme park should be about. When you can see what other places like Europa Park are capable of, it is frustrating to know that's possible and frankly insulting to imply people would still moan if Thorpe was anywhere near that standard of theming. I'm certain that Towers would not be doing TLC if it hadn't of been for forums like this moaning about years of neglect. 

I have always praised Thorpe when they do things right but I'm not going to defend them over this ride just because it boosts the ride count and they never do theming properly anyway.

I hope this clears up the misunderstandings as to why most people on here aren't exactly being positive about this ride.