Seat size

green.tiger

Question

Hi

I'm going Thorpe park in about 4 to 6 weeks and I'm a very big person. My friend and I been planning it for almost a year knw I wanna go but I dot wanna go if that make sense it say on the because on the website the seat size is max 51 torso. I'm not quite sure what that means I want about 8 years ago and 2 people had to lock me in the ride (vortex)

Back the I was 3xl at the time 51 to 53 inch after that I I got bigger by the year ending on 6xl 64 to 70 inch. Thank god I found the way to the gym which helped me come down to 2xl thank god [emoji1317][emoji1317] which is about 48 inch with a bit

I just needed to let that out as I'm am very nervous if I will fit or not

Thanks in advance for the reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 answers to this question

The only coaster you may have a problem with is Colossus - because it's very pinchy in the seats and if you are tall it can add to it - as in there is naff all leg room - my nieces dad didn't fit in it and he is around 16/17stone (just to add he is very tall - 6ft 4ish which didn't help!) - but they have tester seats outside of all the coasters bar Flying Fish and X which have lap bars so you'll have no problems with those.  

As for flat rides, Vortex and Samurai have tester seats (when they are working!), quantum has a lap bar, as does Rush. Zodiac has no restraints so again, no problems there.  Detonator has over the shoulder restraints but I'm unsure if they have a tester seat as I've not ridden that thing since 2013.

Water rides you'll be absolutely fine on and pretty much everything else I'm sure - I've probably missed stuff out but it's late!

As Roodie said - don't be afraid to try the tester seats.

Have a great time and try not to be nervous about whether you will fit - enjoy the coasters and make sure you ride Derren Browns Ghost Train!  

Congrats on the weight loss!

First off congratulations on the weight loss.

I'm a 2XL/3XL and I can get on Saw Swarm (it is a little snug), Stealth and Inferno (although I always go to the big boy seats).  Unfortunately I can't really help with the flat rides as I don't really do them.  However anything with a lap bar you will be fine on. Most of the big rides have tester seats, so don't be afraid to try them.

First off congratulations on the weight loss.

I'm a 2XL/3XL and I can get on Saw Swarm (it is a little snug), Stealth and Inferno (although I always go to the big boy seats).  Unfortunately I can't really help with the flat rides as I don't really do them.  However anything with a lap bar you will be fine on. Most of the big rides have tester seats, so don't be afraid to try them.

Hey thanks for the reply means a lot. Yh I heard of the big boy seat they located in row 5 right

The only coaster you may have a problem with is Colossus - because it's very pinchy in the seats and if you are tall it can add to it - as in there is naff all leg room - my nieces dad didn't fit in it and he is around 16/17stone (just to add he is very tall - 6ft 4ish which didn't help!) - but they have tester seats outside of all the coasters bar Flying Fish and X which have lap bars so you'll have no problems with those.  

As for flat rides, Vortex and Samurai have tester seats (when they are working!), quantum has a lap bar, as does Rush. Zodiac has no restraints so again, no problems there.  Detonator has over the shoulder restraints but I'm unsure if they have a tester seat as I've not ridden that thing since 2013.
Water rides you'll be absolutely fine on and pretty much everything else I'm sure - I've probably missed stuff out but it's late!

As Roodie said - don't be afraid to try the tester seats.

Have a great time and try not to be nervous about whether you will fit - enjoy the coasters and make sure you ride Derren Browns Ghost Train!  

Congrats on the weight loss!

Thanks
And thanks for the reply u lot have given me more information then Thorpe have thanks once again

On 6/12/2017 at 8:14 PM, green.tiger said:

Hey thanks for the reply means a lot. Yh I heard of the big boy seat they located in row 5 right

I am size 20 and I can fit on every seat on nemises inferno  but my problem is my big thighs I am not sure if I'll be able to fit on the swarm 

Hi 

I found this advisory guide on the thorpe website for chest size:

Saw - The Ride: 51 inches 

Stealth: 51 inches

The Swarm: 51 inches

Colossus: 51 inches

Nemesis Inferno: 51 inches

Quantum: 51 inches

Vortex: 51 inches

Based on that I would say you will be fine, although I would say that Colossus is probably the most compact of all so I would skip that one for comfort reasons.  I'd also check out this review from someone who is a similar size and height to you (20 stone 48 chest).

I'd possibly advise aiming for the front row of a car on Colossus if you can (odd numbered rows). There's discernibly more legroom in the front than the back.

I can imagine someone of 6ft might struggle a tad for room in the back of a car. I'm around 5'9.5" myself (so around 2-3 inches shorter than you), and even I can only just get my legs behind the seat in front, if that's anything to go off of. I once rode in the back of a car next to a man who was a couple of inches taller than me, but not excessively tall by any means (perhaps 6' or 6'1"?), and his legs looked like they were straddling the seat in front in a rather uncomfortable fashion.

As @jessica2 says, though, Colossus is quite compact in general, so I'd maybe try the test seat before joining the queue to be absolutely sure that you'll fit. Other rides have test seats as well; I know Stealth does, and I think Nemesis Inferno and Saw might do as well (?).

But you appear to be below the chest restriction for all the listed rides, so you should be reasonably OK.