TPM Oakwood Meet - August 2017!

Ryan

Oakwood meet feedback  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you able to attend a meet on 19th/20th August?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you interested in visiting Oakwood on 19th/20th August?

• Yes
    • No

Hello all!

AfterDark-Hero4.jpg

I'm excited to announce plans for our August meet to Oakwood! The planned date of this meet will be 19th/20th August, please can you vote in the poll wether or not you will be able to make this weekend :) You have the choice of joining us from the Friday night right through to Sunday, or just coming for a smaller part of the weekend. If you plan to stay with us overnight, it will be your responsibility to book your own rooms. We are currently looking into best places to stay and it's likely we will stay overnight in a Travelodge near Tenby (as this is 20 mins from Oakwood).

The Outline of the day/s will be as follows: 

Saturday at Oakwood

Meet by the entrance at 09:45 am so we can sort out our tickets for when the park opens at 10am. Please bear in mind we will leave without you if you are late as it’s not fair on time keepers! If by any chance you happen to miss this meet point due to travel arrangements or just plain lateness you can either phone or text so we can arrange to meet you. As members have found out! We will then go and enjoy our day at Oakwood. I know not everyone will want to do some of the rides at Oakwood. If you decide to not come on please be polite and wait for everyone to come off and chat to other members whilst you are waiting. Or go off and do another attraction as long as you’ll be back after the group has finished riding the attraction. Please respect other people’s wishes who wish to ride certain things that you yourself may not be too keen with. During the day, around half 1, we will stop for a bite to eat where you can go and eat where you like and we will arrange where to meet after everyone has finished eating. (Who knows we might all want to eat the same thing anyway  :P ) After lunch we will group together for the Official Group Photo for the day and continue going round the park. Around 7-8 we will have a quick snack somewhere to keep us going and then continue riding the attractions people want to do until the park closes.  ^_^. The day will finish off at 10pm when Oakwood hold a fantastic Fireworks Display and UV colour powder party! More information can be found on that here: https://www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk/after-dark/ 

Sunday In Cardiff

As we are already in Wales and a 12 hour stint at Oakwood is good enough, we will finish with a more relaxing day in Cardiff.  This day will have a better timetable nearer the meet due to the nature of the availability of the attractions. However those that are interested in exploring Cardff for the day will all be informed and kept in the loop but the basis of the day is to relax a bit more and get to know people outside of the theme park environment. If anyone has any ideas for what they would like to do in Cardiff, then please post below! :) 

I will soon be posting up a separate post on possible accommodation locations which you can use to help you decide where to sleep (If your staying for the night.) If however you know where your going already by all means book it up when we confirm the dates.

If anyone has any issues or concerns or even nervous about coming, feel free to post here, or PM myself and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please PM me or post here to say if you’re attending. If you are bringing a mate along with you, please also include who they are so they are not known as ‘Plus 1.’ The events with TPM have been fantastic this year and this one will be no different!

Attending (4)

• Alexis
  • David B (Maybe)
  • Han (Maybe)
  • Marc
  • Mr Fish
  • Roodie (Maybe)
  • Ryan

Hi, I shall put the date in my calendar but until I have a work rota for this date I cant commit to it. I also believe its a hard place to get to but its on my list of places to visit and I can look into that if off work. I wasn't able to put maybe on the pole as it wasn't in the choices. Anyway once I know what I'm working which I will know mid July I will let you know.

• Ryan pinned this topic
  • Ryan locked this topic
  • paige unpinned this topic