Jack

Thorpe press night

Question

Jack   

Also posted this in the Fright nights thread

Quick question, It may sound pretty stupid to you guys but can normal, non-celebs go to the press night if they own a Thorpe annual pass? Because I would love to get footage of the mazes and have no queues, quick replies would be much appreciated.

8 answers to this question

Coaster   

Press night was on the same night as Annual Pass preview until last year, which was strange as the "preview" was after Fright Nights had been open to the public for a whole weekend!

Mermite   

I've become increasingly puzzled at who Thorpe decides to invite for these events! I mean, I've noticed that it seems that anyone who owns a fansite or whatever gets invited to press events these days :rolleyes: Along with "famous YouTubers" and Z-list celebs. 

I'm sure it used to be literally just the press (news reporters etc) and actual, famous celebrities! 

Ringo   
16 minutes ago, Mermite said:

I've become increasingly puzzled at who Thorpe decides to invite for these events! I mean, I've noticed that it seems that anyone who owns a fansite or whatever gets invited to press events these days :rolleyes: Along with "famous YouTubers" and Z-list celebs. 

I'm sure it used to be literally just the press (news reporters etc) and actual, famous celebrities! 

It was previously restricted and you had to meet the criteria to be considered. 

These days as you say it’s anyone and everyone who can get in 

BaronC.   

Remember that the point of the PR nights is to bring exposure about to the park.  In the past, it's true that only a select few celebrities and people from the press were invited, because that was the best way to get exposure about.  The celebrities would talk about it, the press would write articles about it, and word of mouth would spread.

These days, what with the ever-evolving world of social media, getting people like YouTube vloggers, Z-list celebrities and fansite representatives is the best way to go.  YouTubers will post videos that will get thousands of views in a day.  The celebrities will get it talked about by loads of people.  The fansites will sing the praises.  It works.  

Of course, you still get some 'proper' celebrities turn up to these events (Alesha Dixon was at this year's Ghost Train press night for example, and she's pretty big still).  And in the past, you still had loads of 'celebrities' invited to media events (I didn't recognise anyone at Swarm's media night lol).  And they won't just let any vlogger / fansite in these days, they ideally want people with a decent following, etc.

MattyMoo   

One of my posts on Facebook recently got as many as 20 likes so I await my invitation to this year's press night.