West Sands Fun Fair

I've been spoiling you lucky lot with my tales of tackling the land of the rising sun and the land of the idol queens. Today it's going to be a little less exciting, but still very important, a creds a cred after all.

West Sands Fun Fair https://rcdb.com/9117.htm

This gem of a park recently popped up on coast2coaster and instantly became my nearest +1 and my next challenge.

An extremely spur of the moment decision, made about half an hour before setting off, is how all good trips start. We picked a great day to do it as well, it only rained heavily for about 75% of the time. In the car (my own personal missile as I like to think of it) blasting down a dual carriageway and suddenly it starts raining so hard I can't see the car in front, or the road or how to turn on the fog lights, spite!

After driving down some roads not fit for driving on, 6 foot deep in water and potholes the size of inverted mountains we arrived at the park, kind of. Turns out the park is located within a holiday park and you're meant to be a paying customer of the holiday park to get in. Sat in the car in the pouring rain for 20 minutes assessing our options. Assuming the cred is open in this pouring rain, how do we get to it and where do we park... We asked the friendly man who was the security guard letting cars in and out of the holiday park. He told us you're meant to pay 10 pounds a car to get into the holiday park for the day, but if we only want to get in and do the coaster we can ditch the car and run and he will look the other way, top bloke!

Finally in we went to the fun fair bit to see half of it was under water and all the staff were hiding from the rain under the dodgems. Walked over to the coaster, the staff noticed us and asked if we really wanted to ride, yes please! Much confusion between the staff later, including such lines as "how do you operate the brakes?", something I feel Parque de Atracciones are asking themeselves at the moment, and we were on. The staff were really helpful and friendly actually, something that keeps happening when we visit sea side fun fairs in the pouring rain, much better than Nagashima Spite Land that's for sure. 3 laps on this beast later, we thanked the staff and hit the dusty trail.

On the way home we stopped off at B&M, not the coaster manufacturers but the wacky superstore and I broke my won't eat McDonalds streak. 3 rare points from coastercount later and I declare this a very good day.