Tulley's Shocktober Fest Scream Park

Quorn

11 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

@Martin Doyle I thought you loathed Thorpes modern day Fright nights šŸ˜

Ā 

Gotta love the dig there! Tbh I'm just looking forward to actually doing some Halloween events this year!Ā 

Ā 

Whatever gave that idea away!!??

Ā 

Its a world clASS event!!

Ā 

Tulleys should apologise for digging Thorpe to those who actually prefer FN to shocktoberfest*

Ā 

*all 3 of them

3 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

Though it hasn't been mentioned at all thus far, do you reckon Tulleys will only allow access with Covid accreditation via the NHS app? Too early to speculate?

Lets be honest that doesn't really matter.

Ā 

1) If your double vaxxed, and still have Covid, the pass will let you in no test needed.

2) They are easy to just screenshot and share. - So no vax required,.

3) Nowhere I have been yet scans the QR code and thats been about * events so far.

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2021 at 8:58 AM, RobF said:

Anyone go to the press night yesterday ?

Ā 

I did - paid for the ticket though (RIP Pass bought in February 2019) - have to say, that's a complete no brainer, never queued all night, multiple runs through mazes, a drink, Ā£10 of food and a t-shirt all for Ā£87!

Ā 

Maze count:

Coven of 13: 5

Hellements: 1

Creepy Cottage: 4

Twisted Clowns: 2

Wastelands: 2

Chop Shop: 2

The Island: 1

The Cellar: 3

Haunted Hayride: 1

Ā 

In Merlin terms, that's Ā£210 worth of mazes ;)

Ā 

Coven Of 13 was evidently a highlight, and Cottage always is too - mainly we feel the actors there have to work even harder than the others.Ā 

On 10/5/2021 at 4:54 PM, Glitch said:

Sounds good, I do worry though as to what happens if they get hit with a Covid outbreak.Ā 

Ā 

Same as Thorpe I suppose!

Ā 

Just looked back and I also managed 21 maze runthroughs in 2019. I am nothing if consistent. Similarly, Coven & Cottage were my bae mazes of 2019 also so I was gassed that they are still up there for me.

• 1 month later...

So the first wave of Tulleys tickets go on sale this Friday... VIP last year (well... 2020Ā price) was Ā£84 plus fees, this year it's Ā£95 plus fees. Quite a hike, and that's from a Tulleys fanboi. Ā£95 will give you, I assume the Ā£10 food voucher, Ā£5 drink voucher and t-shirt (worth Ā£10-12) so you could argue that takes it down to Ā£70 ish... we normally manage 20 or so total run throughs, so Ā£3.50 a maze is still good value I guess!Ā I'm sure people will still pay the prices - I know we certainly will - but this year Tulleys didn't quite do it for me vs. 2019. Think that may well be because we went on day 1 when the staff haven't quite found their footing (or, Tulleys haven't found enough staff!)

Screenshot_20211122-192357_Gmail.jpg

Ā 

EDIT: It's now a Ā£10 food voucher and Ā£15 merch token for 2022.

Iā€™m sure they put the prices up to meet demand. This year felt very busy when I went and a lot of people seemed to haveĀ fast passes. I still think itā€™s better value for what you get. Coven felt like it had grown much bigger. I still like Wastelands, such an impressive maze and areaĀ theyā€™ve built.

Filmed the show again this year;

Ā 

Ā 

• 2 months later...

Booked my "RIP" ticket on Friday - Ā£95 + Ā£2 booking fee - have to say, if it wasn't for the Ā£10 food voucher included, I'd be a little less inclined to do so (the Ā£15 merch voucher is a nice bonus) - but that said, now there's a completely new haunt coming, I'd be gutted to miss it.

Ā 

The prices are ramping up quite quickly - but it would appear this year they intend to do the "theme park" style haunts as they say, meaning you aren't limited to just one run through on the XScream Pass ticket. They talked about this last year and then it never happened - if they do go down this route, it could be detrimental to those paying out for the higher priced tickets so will have to see how it goes. That said, every year we've used the RIP package, the number of people in front us waiting in the fasttrack queue is normally 0-5 people...Ā 

Ā 

We were a bit underwhelmed in 2021 but perhaps that was because we went on opening night and the actors hadn't bedded in - or, they didn't have enough actors yet because Covid - so this year will wait until the week after I think.

Ā 

Interested to see what the new haunt will be - hopefully something completely different to anything else. The Island last year for us was probably the weakest maze there.... Coven being the strongest.

Ā 

Also - just spotted I basically said a lot of this a few posts ago, ha!

• 2 months later...

Sooooo.... Twisted Clowns is gone and being replaced with something that looks to involve electricity judging by the question mark... and a brand new haunt is coming too.

Ā 

I do wonder if Tulley's will do a full reveal waaaaay before Thorpe to one-up them (especially considering some of their tongue in cheek tweets last year!)

9 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Sooooo.... Twisted Clowns is gone and being replaced with something that looks to involve electricity judging by the question mark... and a brand new haunt is coming too.

Ā 

I do wonder if Tulley's will do a full reveal waaaaay before Thorpe to one-up them (especially considering some of their tongue in cheek tweets last year!)

Yay remove one of the best mazes for a maze where they will probably just shock you as a gimic. Thorpe did that like 12Ā years ago now mate.Ā 

Ā 

How's the Wordle going by the way M8te?

21 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Yay remove one of the best mazes for a maze where they will probably just shock you as a gimic. Thorpe did that like 12Ā years ago now mate.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

tbf Thorpe never had that gimmick (it was rumoured for Saw Alive but never actually happened - instead it was just a rumble effect).

Ā 

Tulleys did have a maze in 2015 with the gimmick though - The Volt. It wasn't that well received; largely unthemed corridors in the dark, with shock panels on the wall which were easy to realise after a while. But I'm sure the gimmick of it was enjoyed by some, and it sounded pretty unnerving.

Ā 

I'm under the impression they are open to revisiting that concept. So maybe The Volt 2 isn't out of the question.

Ā 

Shame to see Clowns go though. I liked that. I just hope that whatever they replace it with, it's not a maze which goes on 10 minutes too long, and that it doesn't follow Tulleys' rinse and repeat idea ofĀ "actor speaking made up language, nothing, same actor shouting/screaming, nothing"Ā 

12 hours ago, Glitch said:

Ā 

How's the Wordle going by the way M8te?

Ā 

Wordle was a bit of a bish today tbh.

Ā 

I will miss the Clowns as like has been said, it's something different from everything else and a chance for a different sort of interaction vs. other mazes. Some of my best run-throughs out of any maze have been on Twisted Clowns, a highlight having the Smiler theme sang at me throughout as I was wearing the hoodie :D

Ā 

Not sure if I like the sound of The Volt coming back in some manner or form... personally I'd like a Coven of 26Ā šŸ˜Ā 

Ā