Tulley's Shocktober Fest Scream Park

Quorn

On 4/21/2022 at 8:40 AM, MattyMoo said:

Some of my best run-throughs out of any maze have been on Twisted Clowns, a highlight having the Smiler theme sang at me throughout as I was wearing the hoodie :D

Good 'ol memories.

I'm back from the dead.

After 3 years acting inside Twisted Clowns I am so sad to see it go! I saw pictures of it being completely torn down around Christmas 2021 and I have to admit it was kind of crazy (usually parts of the experience are kept up year round).

So to add some fuel to this fire.. Twisted was certainly ageing I have to be honest, as much as I love the set there it certainly at times showed its age. Though as a Tulleys Nerd I do know a bit of Tulleys History.

So if you think about it Tulleys has "redone/replaced" its clown maze in 2012 (Twisted Maze). 2015 (Nightshade Circus), 2016 (Pandemonium's 3D Carnival), and 2017 (Twisted Clowns-2021). So I personally believe another clown themed attraction is coming.

Clowns bring something so different to Tulleys and I have loved every minute of acting as one. I really do think that the new maze will involve the characters of clowns to some degree! I'd also imagine they'd keep the vortex tunnell potentially and maybe even bring back the bungee! I personally theorize we'll see an updated clown maze. They've done a clown maze since 2009 so I do doubt they would stop in 2022.

I really am going to miss my days in the room going through the mouth in Twisted, laying up against the wall in the checkered room. It truly was a treat to be able to work in there.

I will eagerly await the announcements..

17 hours ago, JoshuaWAHH3 said:

Good 'ol memories.

I'm back from the dead.

After 3 years acting inside Twisted Clowns I am so sad to see it go! I saw pictures of it being completely torn down around Christmas 2021 and I have to admit it was kind of crazy (usually parts of the experience are kept up year round).

So to add some fuel to this fire.. Twisted was certainly ageing I have to be honest, as much as I love the set there it certainly at times showed its age. Though as a Tulleys Nerd I do know a bit of Tulleys History.

So if you think about it Tulleys has "redone/replaced" its clown maze in 2012 (Twisted Maze). 2015 (Nightshade Circus), 2016 (Pandemonium's 3D Carnival), and 2017 (Twisted Clowns-2021). So I personally believe another clown themed attraction is coming.

Clowns bring something so different to Tulleys and I have loved every minute of acting as one. I really do think that the new maze will involve the characters of clowns to some degree! I'd also imagine they'd keep the vortex tunnell potentially and maybe even bring back the bungee! I personally theorize we'll see an updated clown maze. They've done a clown maze since 2009 so I do doubt they would stop in 2022.

I really am going to miss my days in the room going through the mouth in Twisted, laying up against the wall in the checkered room. It truly was a treat to be able to work in there.

I will eagerly await the announcements..

TBH my favourite host spots was twisted breifing room and chop shop breifing room. 

The atmosphere you can create in just those 2 spaces is amazing.

I also quite liked the gates on wastelands were great for making people jump in the strobes.

Just spotted these posts - yes, Twisted will be missed as it was something completely different to the rest of the haunts. I'm not convinced that the clowns are coming back personally, but we'll see. Clowns just had a totally opposite vibe to all the other mazes, a good mix of humour and banter mixed with jump scares. That bungee was iconic too! All that said, I'm pleased Tulley's are mixing it up a bit this year as otherwise I think with just one new maze (Wastelands extension...?) it would feel a little tired to say the least I think.

My personal opinion is we could do without VIXI/Hellements but I guess the whole blinded idea scares some people. I just find it boring as hell and would much rather the whole Hellements theme was done without the bags!

• 2 months later...

To add, Tulleys have basically confirmed that one of their new mazes will be a 10/10 scare rating, the first time they've hit that high (they have a couple of 9 rated mazes). Presumably that will be the second one they announce. 

Obviously it's all just marketing spiele, but interesting all the same.

3 hours ago, JoshC. said:

To add, Tulleys have basically confirmed that one of their new mazes will be a 10/10 scare rating, the first time they've hit that high (they have a couple of 9 rated mazes). Presumably that will be the second one they announce. 

Obviously it's all just marketing spiele, but interesting all the same.

Interesting- wonder what they'll be doing to achieve that- more actors per person/smaller groups, more 'intense' theming or will it be this potential electric shock thing..?

Looking at the website- it does look like they have 4 mazes at 9/10 so perhaps they do need to differentiate one or two (wastelands, cellar, chop shop and coven).

On the website, as mat said, the question mark logo for the first 'new for 2022' is blue with an electric sort of design and is up near the 9/10 scare mazes, so I assume of course this one is going to be the 10. The second 'new for 2022' though is a differently themed question mark and is at the bottom of the list near to street theatre, so makes you wonder will it be an easygoing haunt, or not a haunt at all and maybe something new..? Also which will be the first announced I wonder? 

Either way I have my tickets sorted for tulleys so looking forward to it!

Chainsaws will have actual chains on for 10/10 scares.

One would assume that one maze is the "electric" shock type one reimagined, and the other is maybe the extension to Wastelands, but we shall see... one of the new mazes is presumably inside the old Clowns building since that's gone, unless that is going to be used for something else. Maybe the electric ? is for Superspark Cinema for some ultimate Thorpe Park FN burn haha - incorporate the Usherettes into the maze somehow? Or is that just wishful/wistful/lustful thinking?! 😍😁

As mooted though, scare factors don't mean too much as some of my scariest run throughs have been on Creepy Cottage to be honest - simple but effective scares with strobes etc! 

Still -  I am "gassed" for Tulleys, bring on PSL season and I can become a basic b*tch again oncemore.

9 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Chainsaws will have actual chains on for 10/10 scares.

One would assume that one maze is the "electric" shock type one reimagined, and the other is maybe the extension to Wastelands, but we shall see... one of the new mazes is presumably inside the old Clowns building since that's gone, unless that is going to be used for something else. Maybe the electric ? is for Superspark Cinema for some ultimate Thorpe Park FN burn haha - incorporate the Usherettes into the maze somehow? Or is that just wishful/wistful/lustful thinking?! 😍😁

As mooted though, scare factors don't mean too much as some of my scariest run throughs have been on Creepy Cottage to be honest - simple but effective scares with strobes etc! 

Still -  I am "gassed" for Tulleys, bring on PSL season and I can become a basic b*tch again oncemore.

The twisted clowns maze was in a marquee, and the area completely demolished….. so technically there was no building ….

• 3 weeks later...

So ElecTrick Circus has been announced- Twisted's replacement.

The maze probably will include shock panels similar to the volt, and has seemingly a very cool concept and a refreshing twist on the Tulleys Clown Maze, which has been warping and evolving since 2009 now. I love how they're making their clown maze editions unique. I believe the entire thing has been rebuilt probably with a new layout and very much its own thing. RIP Twisted Clowns though!

A new haunt will be announced on Friday, with an advertised 10 scare rating. This is going to be very interesting having a whole new attraction from the ground up. I can't wait to be able to explore both as a guest or potentially an actor.

1 hour ago, JoshuaWAHH3 said:

So ElecTrick Circus has been announced- Twisted's replacement.

The maze probably will include shock panels similar to the volt, and has seemingly a very cool concept and a refreshing twist on the Tulleys Clown Maze, which has been warping and evolving since 2009 now. I love how they're making their clown maze editions unique. I believe the entire thing has been rebuilt probably with a new layout and very much its own thing. RIP Twisted Clowns though!

A new haunt will be announced on Friday, with an advertised 10 scare rating. This is going to be very interesting having a whole new attraction from the ground up. I can't wait to be able to explore both as a guest or potentially an actor.

Yes you were right that twisted was demolished straight after last years event after being stood built for so many years in the elements (marquee)

The new set will be a more permanent build attraction, as they say with construction 🚧 the only way is up…

• 3 weeks later...

The second new maze  is called doom town, some sort of 'zombie mixed with 80s' maze. The 80s thing is slightly odd, is that some sort of nod to trailers which also has a slight 80s theme..? I think although a zombie maze isn't very original, at least it has the potential to live up to that 10/10 scare rating.. lets see. The teaser/announcement video they posted I found quite long winded and I switched off 😅

Also sorry if I missed but does anyone know where this one will be located?

Description: 

Hell is bubbling over and the dead rise to walk in the realm of living.  The molten evil rises and seeps out from every opening, every passageway into a purgatory of a time gone by.  Doom Town is governed by evil and inhabited by the dead; walking corpses whose only need is to earn back their place back in Hell.  Find sanctuary if you can.  Find a Priest.  Find salvation.  Not even the church can stop the Hell Mouth from opening wide and spitting from them an army of the dead.  Dare you enter Doom Town?  Will you be the saviour of the past?  Or will you be trapped forever in an 80’s Video-Nasty?  Use your… BRAINS…

Given Doom Town is Shocktobers 1st "10 scare rated" haunt, I am somewhat curious to see how much it differs in style to their 9 scare rated ones.

I still firmly believe the use of touch scares would be a nice thing for Tulleys to potentially explore the possibilities of. Even if it is just with Doom Town and possibly even Hellements.

On the note of ticketing, I am doing the first night of the year with a fastrack 11 ticket and then the finale fireworks night with VIP. So be interesting to see if VIP is worth the additional price for what one gets in relation to next tier ticket down.

As much as I want to be positive about all tickets entitling guests to unlimited haunts, there is a huge alarm going off in my head saying its going to be a nightmare now in regards to the queue management and size of waits on the busier nights. I also feel unlimited somewhat diminishes the VIP value.

Those with standard tickets with no fastrack already was up against the tide in trying to get all the haunts done and now coupled with inevitable longer waits due to the fact people can do the haunts as much as they want to, they have next to zero chance getting a now sizeable 11 attractions done in the one night even with marching between them one after the other with zero time inbetween to just enjoy the event atmosphere.

Agree that allowing standard ticket holders to do redos will unfortunately result in the more 'popular' mazes having a much longer queue, whilst perhaps any maze that is more 'average' will have a shorter queue as people may think, why do a scare rating 6 or 7 when I can redo a 9 or a 10? 

However, now the cats out of the bag of allowing redos, could they ever go back to one go per haunt for standard tickets? Is this some sort of test run? I don't know. 

I have open dated tickets and struggling to pick when will be the least busy time, I went on a random weekday in mid october last year and there was a long queue to even get in the car park, all the mazes had long waits, and that was on a day with torrential rain!

the videos I have seen again of this doom patrol maze suggests there is some sort of game and one guy is wearing a blockbusters shirt, I don't quite get the theme myself but perhaps later videos will be a bit clearer.

2 hours ago, jessica2 said:

Agree that allowing standard ticket holders to do redos will unfortunately result in the more 'popular' mazes having a much longer queue, whilst perhaps any maze that is more 'average' will have a shorter queue as people may think, why do a scare rating 6 or 7 when I can redo a 9 or a 10? 

However, now the cats out of the bag of allowing redos, could they ever go back to one go per haunt for standard tickets? Is this some sort of test run? I don't know. 

I have open dated tickets and struggling to pick when will be the least busy time, I went on a random weekday in mid october last year and there was a long queue to even get in the car park, all the mazes had long waits, and that was on a day with torrential rain!

the videos I have seen again of this doom patrol maze suggests there is some sort of game and one guy is wearing a blockbusters shirt, I don't quite get the theme myself but perhaps later videos will be a bit clearer.

The earlier you go in the season are the quieter nights, basically Friday Saturdays are busiest. 

On 9/5/2022 at 2:00 PM, Martin Doyle said:

Given Doom Town is Shocktobers 1st "10 scare rated" haunt, I am somewhat curious to see how much it differs in style to their 9 scare rated ones.

I still firmly believe the use of touch scares would be a nice thing for Tulleys to potentially explore the possibilities of. Even if it is just with Doom Town and possibly even Hellements.

The company who are behind the scenes of Shocktoberfest, Frightmare, Halloscream, and The Howl all kind of oppose touch scares. I guess from what I've seen at Alton it can be a great thing, but at Thorpe it has never really phased me or enhanced the experience. I think it depends on the attraction at hand, maybe Hellements would be well suited? Basically the reason of oppose is due to touching guests and being that close to them is a risk for the actors- if someone is drunk or reacts wrongly, it could cause more incidents than its worth. So I am unsure they'd ever take the dip.

Doom Town though is extremely interesting though- I love the 80s vibe it brings, and zombies has not been done really by Tulleys surpisingly! I think the game and perhaps 80s tint could bring some freshness, I do have no idea what this attraction shall look like, but I am excited to find out.

Electrick circus remains my current intruige of the day- I cannot wait to see the next generation of Tulley's clown maze.

On 9/12/2022 at 8:36 PM, JoshuaWAHH3 said:

The company who are behind the scenes of Shocktoberfest, Frightmare, Halloscream, and The Howl all kind of oppose touch scares. I guess from what I've seen at Alton it can be a great thing, but at Thorpe it has never really phased me or enhanced the experience. I think it depends on the attraction at hand, maybe Hellements would be well suited? Basically the reason of oppose is due to touching guests and being that close to them is a risk for the actors- if someone is drunk or reacts wrongly, it could cause more incidents than its worth. So I am unsure they'd ever take the dip.

Doom Town though is extremely interesting though- I love the 80s vibe it brings, and zombies has not been done really by Tulleys surpisingly! I think the game and perhaps 80s tint could bring some freshness, I do have no idea what this attraction shall look like, but I am excited to find out.

Electrick circus remains my current intruige of the day- I cannot wait to see the next generation of Tulley's clown maze.

The old set was completely destroyed, it will also no longer be 3D 😉

3 hours ago, RobF said:

The old set was completely destroyed, it will also no longer be 3D 😉

Tbf the 3D was kind of gimmicky to be fair- when going through as a guest I never wore the glasses, and when acting inside I believe the sets were trippy enough without the use of 3D. I hope they have kept some of the UV lights, the heavy use of UV and the trommel tunnel I can hope gets carried to the next gen

Just realised it's 3 weeks until I go, not sure where the time has gone....!

I really really hope Doom Town is going to be decent - I think it will be, I'm pleased the theme is different to the others. Have to say last year I was super disappointed with The Island unfortunately.

Anyone know where Doom Town is? I would assume somewhere near Wastelands? I'm hoping that the area is as ridiculously impressive as the Wastelands "arena" space.

• 2 weeks later...