Fright nights annual pass night

Cal

Question

17 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, ThorpeAddict said:

In the past, how busy are these events usually? What are the queues normally for the mazes and the rides? 

Thanks 

Last year's event was very reasonable - don't remember queueing much more than 10-15 minutes for any maze or ride really!  Pretty certain got a few re-rides too.

Other events are harder to compare to since they were either shared with media night (making them a bit busier) or very limited.  However the atmosphere is usually very relaxed in the sense that it's easy enough to get everything of note done without rushing. 

I'm surprised this hasn't already been mentioned - this year the event is 4-9pm, which is not only annoying for people who can't get there for 4 due to work etc (so probably the majority of people!) but is surely more hassle for the park as it closes at 4? It doesn't give them much time to clear the non-passholders from the park :P 

Oh dear. I've just been looking at their tweets, and they replied with "Apologies 9pm" after someone told them Eventbrite said 9pm :lol: And apparently Thorpe's FB said 4-10pm too (although I can't find any posts or comment replies that say that, perhaps they removed/edited it).

IMG_0478.PNG

27 minutes ago, Mer said:

According to someone who's there, staff on site are saying 10pm too. Yet they're still saying 9pm on Twitter. FFS. 

There’s massive confusion like normal, they have now changed the park boards to 4pm now, and there is no clear cut clarification on how this evening is working if we need to leave and reenter or stay in, if we get wristbands or show our pass at every attraction. To be honest I feel it becoming a massive clusterf on he cards. I’ll keep you all updated though!! 

As a note for those attending, they are NOT giving out wristbands in the evening and there is no need to leave the park at 4pm or just after to dish out the non-passholders in the park.

Staff at the entrance said in order to access a maze or what rides are open, you need to show either your ticket on Eventbrite through your phone or with a paper print of your ticket at the entrance for each attraction at 4pm.

Considering it's about to rain this evening at Thorpe and everything's on one train operation at present, this could get interesting.