The future of Canada Creek?

Theme park Fanantic

What do you think the future holds for Canida Creek. Will Canida creek railway ever return or will Loggers leap reopen. Also has the juvenile Zamperla ride Lumber Jump be returned to use ( I herd it closed correct me if I'm wrong? 

Alternatively do you think Canada Creek will remain Old Town as we know it today?

post any known rumours or leaked news here!

many thanks ThemePark Fanatic.

A wooden coaster completely depends on how well the wickerman is precived and more importantly if it makes any money for Alton. If it's a flop which I think it might be then we won't see a woodie on the loggers site. I think a more likely outcome for the area is it's left as it currently is for a few years until eventually Merlin trys to install the "scariest attraction ever" which will be just like every other investment of a good concept, poorly executed. 

The trains are probably in storage because it would cost money to remove them. The gauge of the railway is custom so they can't sell it on. 

1 hour ago, Project LC said:

A wooden coaster completely depends on how well the wickerman is precived and more importantly if it makes any money for Alton. If it's a flop which I think it might be then we won't see a woodie on the loggers site. I think a more likely outcome for the area is it's left as it currently is for a few years until eventually Merlin trys to install the "scariest attraction ever" which will be just like every other investment of a good concept, poorly executed. 

The trains are probably in storage because it would cost money to remove them. The gauge of the railway is custom so they can't sell it on. 

Isn't there something to do with the lake bed not being strong enough to support a coaster?

There is too much unknown to be able to comment on the ground conditions for a large structure such as a coaster for the loggers site. There are always solutions to foundations its just some are far more expensive than others. I mainly know about foundation design for buildings which are far more dense than a coaster is but then again I imagine a coaster presents its own issues such as stability and large changes in the load cases. 

Well first off Canada Creek doesn't even exist anymore.. Now we have the very fitting "old town".

I think the railway will be fully demolished by 2018-2022 or so, and in that time frame I wager we will see maybe a GCI woodie around the area somewhere?

Or another log flume would also be good, I think that is what  we'll see.

Obviously we'll see some kinda gimmick thrust up onto the replacement too as Merlin and gimmicks go hand in hand.

I think Canada Creek/Old Town will be fully changed at some point, as pretty much every main ride in the area is closed..

Could Canada Creek be a potential location for a new coaster - given that it's pretty much a dead area aside from Rocky, which could probably be relocated or incorporated into the design?

I could see a wooden coaster fitting into this space and it could have some nice interaction with the surrounding pathways.

37292133771_64f73450ac_b.jpg

Of course, I'd much rather see Loggers Leap reopen and a coaster installed somewhere that doesn't require removal of a ride, but just an idea.

I would love for loggers leap to re-open but sadly I think the ride is just being left to rot until they can replace it with something else, probably a roller coaster. Which is a crying shame, Merlin parks currently lack log flumes so I hope that if it can't be fixed they replace it with a new log flume/water ride as this takes away from the water rides line up. I'd love it if they could add in a coaster but still keep loggers.

• 8 months later...

does anyone know what was wrong with loggers leap anyway?. was it announced closed, or was it your safari skyway- just closed like that.

I think canada creek (old town, what ever) is probably going to be removed.

I think timber tug and lumber jump won't stay around, and saw- the ride is probably going to be given it's own area (you know like swarm island?)

I think a new children's area is going to be created- consisting of flying fish, banana ride and rocky express (or rocky express may be removed entirely)

my imagination running away with me

but that's what I'd do