Screamfest Burton - Saturday 14th October REVIEW

Visited Screamfest Burton for the first time on Saturday and was very impressed with the mazes and overall event, maze reviews can be found below in the order I did them in.

Freak Out

The scariest of the three clown mazes I've done this year thanks to the fantastic actor costumes and makeup, the interactive sections within the maze also added some contrast and a sense of fun.  Theming was minimal however the confusing layout and multiple routes made up for this! 6/10

37713490546_db01404848_b.jpg

Soul Seekers

Fantastic maze which made use of atmospheric lighting changes & good detail on the theming.  The actors were top notch, particularly in the first scene, and the sets were highly detailed with a contrast between small, narrow spaces and larger themed rooms.  We got a number of scares throughout the maze, and I'd say it was the second best of the evening. 7/10

Demonica

A very disorientating maze which made fantastic use of strobe effects, particularly in the second half where it had the "Asylum effect."  The exterior of the maze is hugely impressive, and the first scene was a definite highlight - however the first half of the maze would have benefited from some more theming. 6/10

37713494586_f685c040b3_b.jpg

23909010048_c4e4d3c613_b.jpg

Dia de Los Muertos

What a brilliantly fun, quirky and terrifying attraction!  The tractor ride is fairly calm, however the music and van scene added some variety and was certainly different to other scare attractions we have experienced!  The corn maze featured some fantastic theming as well as very good actors, one minute we were in hysterics, then next we were running away from a chainsaw! 7/10

Love Hurts

WOW, what a fantastically horrible attraction!  I couldn't be more impressed with this, the level of detail in the sets and concept behind the maze were fantastic, and the bizarre scenes and storyline really made for one of the most unique and fun scare mazes I have ever experienced.  Highlights included the leaky ceilings in the sewers making for a very authentic experience, as well as disturbing "tests" throughout - and the very first 'toilet' scene is genius!  A re-run in this maze confirmed to me that it's my favourite scare maze of 2017. 9/10

37713492826_79f9917f2a_b.jpg

23909008128_3eef7d6acc_b.jpg

23909004528_ec77e93378_b.jpg

I'd definitely recommend vising Screamfest, the mazes were all very different from others I have experienced and the live DJ, entertainment and roaming actors made for a nice spooky atmosphere.