The Walking Dead: The Ride - Speculation and 'Construction'

JoshC.

1 hour ago, Benin said:

What point?

Just because I had an annual pass at 14/15, who do you think actually spent the money on it?

I know that for most people my age, their parents buy them their tickets/passes. My point was, it doesn't really matter how much money the kids themselves own, because in the area quite a few parents are willing to spend money on a pass or whatever.

The new events are quite interesting sounds like they bringing in a team of actors for the peak time events which change instead of just having living nightmare open all year, the Apocalypse weekends sound like a nice simple addition and hopefully that would have a few extra roaming actors. The zombie hunt sounds like plat 15 and blair witch area are being used and if done well would be quite a nice extra attraction.

Though calling it now its sounding like whatever is happening with X wont be open for start of the season

3 minutes ago, Portvls said:

Anyone tried calling this number? Clues being revealed on Chloe’s Instagram stories.. Nice touch by Thorpe to create some decent publicity with this kind of thing for whatever it is they’re doing to X.

C843F9C6-167A-4F9D-ACC2-5E07ACE1CD22.png

Yeah just zombie sounds and Safe Zone message. Give it a ring, lasts about 10 seconds. 

On 14/02/2018 at 9:31 AM, BaronC. said:

Personally, I'm not sure how effective this type of marketing is, but nice to see Thorpe experimenting more I guess.  Doesn't really help that people are either disinterested at this stage, or just don't know what's going on.  

Completely agree with you. This sort of marketing will only reach a small amount of people who will actually take the time to follow it. It feels a little bit wasted.

nah "X marks the spot"

There bringing back the Treasure island railway

They got the island still, got the loco, give children a black spot and take the train to find treasure

just need to move timber tug and lumber jump and u can use the station again

A actor driven train ride with special effects and high operating costs on a unusual rail based ride system made by Severn lamb or Alan keef will work great

I mean its not like they did that 2 years ago in a warehouse ;p 

cause thats the only think X can mean ;p 

seriously though its good word play

I am very confused about this Height thing like 1.4 the only really other time I see that is on coasters with inversions your rides over 100ft why such a dramatic change when it has no inversions (unless they've done something inside the pyramid that we have no idea of) I'm just curious why the change though. 

- never mind someones answered my quesition :lol:

1 minute ago, jack holmes 12 said:

I am very confused about this Height thing like 1.4 the only really other time I see that is on coasters with inversions your rides over 100ft why such a dramatic change when it has no inversions (unless they've done something inside the pyramid that we have no idea of) I'm just curious why the change though. 

For the same reasons as NST, that theming probably won't be suitable for little kids. Or me.

15 minutes ago, jack holmes 12 said:

- never mind someones answered my quesition :lol:

It will be to do with the Theme / audience. IF they theme it to the same standards of Living Nightmare we will have a decently themed coaster on our hands, its a bit of a shame to lose X for the family market mind, but am looking forward to seeing what they do with this.

twdridevisual.jpg

• JoshC. unpinned this topic