The Walking Dead: The Ride - Speculation and 'Construction'

JoshC.

For anyone who wants to visit a theme park with a derelict theme, Camelot is just up the motorway. The theming is so grim, plenty of SBNO rides, more than Thorpe and they don’t even charge anymore for the privilege to see such great detail. Plenty of graffiti, general filth and mesh fences too. So they really give Merlin a run for their money on value! 

21 hours ago, Rach666 said:

Thorpe Park Official also posted a short video a couple of days ago from the same "marketing" day... It's pretty terrible to say the least. Glad that this time round I did not get my hopes up... I guess I finally have something to thank DBGTROTD for ...

I have to admit, Thorpe's Marking is generally quite bad. What ever happened to that woman who went missing? didn't they try and start a hashtag? Thats just been forgotten about. The phone number that was on the sign had nothing todo with anything - Just said what we already knew - and who is Dylan (think that was the name). 

Viral marketing works, but it needs to be done right and Thorpe cant seem to do that, which is a shame

On 09/03/2018 at 11:33 AM, GetEchoes said:

I have to admit, Thorpe's Marking is generally quite bad. What ever happened to that woman who went missing? didn't they try and start a hashtag? Thats just been forgotten about. The phone number that was on the sign had nothing todo with anything - Just said what we already knew - and who is Dylan (think that was the name). 

Viral marketing works, but it needs to be done right and Thorpe cant seem to do that, which is a shame

Guess they thought it worked well for DBGTROTD, so would do it again. Really, they should have come up with something new. As you said, what did happen to her? bit late to carry that on now as the ride has been announced.  They do need to work on better marketing, the audio on the video was horrid

Thorpe have released a 'making of' video of this year's map.  If you're eagle-eyed enough, it confirms that - along with Ghost Train - this ride will be in a new area called 'The Dock Yard'.  Furthermore, we can see that:

-This doesn't involve live actors.

-It has an ORP (X:\No Way Out had one up till 2003-ish)

-Fastrack isn't listed as available (though a Fastrack queue is in plans and concept art, presumably for later years).

17 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

Thorpe have released a 'making of' video of this year's map.  If you're eagle-eyed enough, it confirms that - along with Ghost Train - this ride will be in a new area called 'The Dock Yard'.  Furthermore, we can see that:

-This doesn't involve live actors.

-It has an ORP (X:\No Way Out had one up till 2003-ish)

-Fastrack isn't listed as available (though a Fastrack queue is in plans and concept art, presumably for later years).

Not including live actors, that was a bit misleading to include them in that press article for Jordan’s new job then.

Fastrack will probably be like DBGT, VIP only from start then.

On 16/03/2018 at 10:35 AM, Ringo said:

Not including live actors, that was a bit misleading to include them in that press article for Jordan’s new job then

That was a bit misleading. The while walking dead ride hype has massively died. I know that wicker man has taken the spotlight and this is just a re-theme but think the marketing could of been much better. Actually think releasing the images of the actual coaster being ridden ruined it. Would of been better knowing nothing of what it looked like inside the pyramid. 

Honestly I think they added actors in the marketing just so it doesn't look pathetic..

Maybe that is why they focused on Jordan more than the ride itself- some random girl is more interesting than a old Vekoma family coaster that just got a cheap re-theme to a show that even fans are starting to think is dated..

3 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

I don't see how including live actors in promo material is any different to when Towers did it with Th13teen...

Find it funny how people moan about Merlin adding and relying and live action experiences, then when they add one which doesn't, people still moan.  

I’m not moaning. The only thing we knew about the ride was the photos we saw. Most of which doesn’t even look like it is anything like the experience. Would of preferred nothing to implying it’s going to have more elements than it is. 

I’m very much going to make my mind up when I ride. The marketing for the ride has been poor. The woman who disappeared and with the viral stuff they tried to do we literally only learnt about the safe zone which was said way back at close of last season. 

• JoshC. unpinned this topic