The Walking Dead: The Ride - Speculation and 'Construction'

JoshC.

A very quirky idea. Sounds like more of an experiment. Still, it’s likely that the track vibrators are coming back too. Considering it’s opening soon, I’ve not seen a lot of advertising or hype for it. Though it is greatly overshadowed by the Wickerman and Icon. Just knowing we’re finally getting a full scale Mack in the UK excites me the most! As long as Thorpe get TWDTR finished properly and ready before opening, that’s the main thing.

10 minutes ago, Benin said:

People think this is real?

Like, seriously guys, this isn't an actual thing... The PR machine is in full flow...

All the PR for this has been fake, 15 out of 10 scare scale to worlds scariest ride. As said before if those claims are true then the rest of park will be like CBeebies land ?

Whilst the tech maybe real, I’m not sure we will actually see it on the ride, or if we do in a very limited format. There is a walking dead themed mobile charger!

3F644139-FE4A-455C-994B-02B2DC9F4277.jpeg

As with all Merlins PR stunts, everyone say how stupid it is etc whilst it’s getting coverage in national papers across the country :P

34 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Surely the ride should be good enough / exciting enough to advertise on its own merits?

And here lies my biggest issue.  They've got a roller coaster themed to one of the biggest TV shows in the world (even if it is a bit past its best).  It's not a major investment, sure, but it doesn't mean that they can't push it and milk it.

But instead of focusing on the attraction, even if it is the 15/10 scare rating claim thing, they're just tacking on rubbish like this.  They have a whole scope of potential for things they could do to get people talking, yet they scrape the bottom of the barrel.

But I guess all publicity is good publicity, and this is getting a fair few people talking, so they'll be happy...

It may be a legit concept and exist but it won't even feature on the ride when it opens. I think Thorpe Park just think up a headline then make up the story behind it afterwards. Laughable really. Shame because I thought it looked pretty decent from the entrance facade and watchtower when on park on Saturday - like Josh said, if they actually just sold the ride on it's real life strengths and qualities, instead of these dodgy "fake news" stories, I'd have more respect from them and be more bothered. 15/10 on the nonsense scale.

• JoshC. unpinned this topic