The Walking Dead: The Ride - Speculation and 'Construction'

JoshC.

Honestly, I would hate for X to leave if that is the case. For me, X has a special charm to it, so when I go to Thorpe; riding X is a must! X having a refurbishment half way through the year suggests that X is probably not leaving. Maybe the front blue pyramid is just being replaced? X could just be having TLC. Until we know more, I don’t really know what’s going on... 

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.

As someone who still doesn't go on the big rides yet, and especially my sister who won't go on them for a long time, X is probably the ride we go on the most. If it gets this theme, all we (and others like us) have are Storm Surge, Quantum (and my sister won't even do that), Mr Monkey's Banana Boat, the Weymouth rides, Rocky Express, Rumba Rapids, Storm in a Teacup, Dodgems (which I won't do), and the only rollercoaster will be Flying Fish (which, as you know I despise). That, imo, is a worse ride offering than Legoland (At least until I get on the big rides). This would be such a stupid idea.

I'd love to know where people have got this idea that X is going to be themed to The Walking Dead? I'm not saying that it's not going to happen but is there any evidence behind this so called rumor or are people assuming because X's entrance has been removed. We may just be seeing a TLC of things being replaced and brought back to life. I wouldn't look to deeply into it till we know more of have more images confirming the rumor.

14 minutes ago, InfernoLOVER said:

I'd love to know where people have got this idea that X is going to be themed to The Walking Dead? I'm not saying that it's not going to happen but is there any evidence behind this so called rumor or are people assuming because X's entrance has been removed. We may just be seeing a TLC of things being replaced and brought back to life. I wouldn't look to deeply into it till we know more of have more images confirming the rumor.

Other than the fact that X is having work and it shares a building with TWD maze - No ! 

But hey closed season is made for this stuff :P

With that said - X is obviously getting some significant work, the fact they've removed the entire entrance is a fair amount of work in its self.

A rather strange rumor about X. I know Thorpe make questionable decisions but I would hope they don't theme X to twd.

I want them to get a skyline horizon. I've accepted that they probably won't be getting a skywarp anytime soon so I shall now turn my attention to the shorter version.

http://www.skylineattractions.com/?p=rides&I=skywarp#horizon

4 hours ago, streetmagix said:

Was it X that they had to curtail in the inside queue due to changing fire regulations?

First time I rode it the member of staff working at the entrance said they could only have a certain number of people inside due to h&s (most of the queue was outside at the time) so I'd imagine you're right.

When x opened the number of staff working on the ride was much higher, in most buildings there is a regulation of ratio of staff to customers for safe building evacuation, as the years went on x staff numbers dropped resulting in the outside queue and curtailed indoor queue line to ensure there are less people in the building without having double the length walk that now exists.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.

As someone who still doesn't go on the big rides yet, and especially my sister who won't go on them for a long time, X is probably the ride we go on the most. If it gets this theme, all we (and others like us) have are Storm Surge, Quantum (and my sister won't even do that), Mr Monkey's Banana Boat, the Weymouth rides, Rocky Express, Rumba Rapids, Storm in a Teacup, Dodgems (which I won't do), and the only rollercoaster will be Flying Fish (which, as you know I despise). That, imo, is a worse ride offering than Legoland (At least until I get on the big rides). This would be such a stupid idea.

Go on the big rides then.

14 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Yes, I'm sure it's that easy to get over fears just like that.

The only way you will conquer your fears, is to attack them head on. Just do the coasters and make yourself do them. If anything, it's easier with friends because you get peer pressure to ride. The worst situation is you don't like the ride and don't ever ride it again. Just saying, with your name containing Chessington, Chessington coasters are abysmal and are far less enjoyable than thorpe.

3 hours ago, dk3 said:

Go on the big rides then.

This doesn't justify the terrible family lineup though if X leaves for a tacky Walking Dead re-theme.

1 hour ago, TPC said:

The only way you will conquer your fears, is to attack them head on.

This is much, much, easier on paper than to actually do.

Especially if that person has overbearing anxiety.

1 hour ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Yes, I'm sure it's that easy to get over fears just like that.

I was in year seven when I first went on The Swarm, my first big ride. I was a HUGE wimp. It took me literally walking away from the queue several times for friends to forcibly take me on the damn thing. And after that... it’s like the fear has been ironed out of you. Okay, there are still some creases in the fabric - I’m still nervous before stealth, for example - but I have tried every ride at Thorpe. Those that I didn’t like, I didn’t ride again (but will sometimes brave for a challenge). I still have a fear of heights, but no longer in the context of a coaster. It takes one go, one deep breath, and lots of bullying from friends and family. 

You’ve been on this forum for around two years; next season is your time to shine with these rides! 

4 years ago at Thorpe, the only major attractions I did were stealth and detonator. Last year, I started to do Inferno and swarm. This year, I was able to do ever coaster and look at me now doing all the major PA coasters alone. At the end of the day, it's possible to ride everything but you just have to be active and make yourself ride.

I think its obvious whats happening to X

there turning the last car around so you can "brave it backwards for 2018" ;p 

seriously, its unlikely the walking dead maze would open all year round, maybe a special event for a peak few days (weekends in august possibly?) but not going to happen

Looking at the photo of what happend they removed the entrance structure so maybe there re working the queue a bit

2 hours ago, 1729 said:

seriously, its unlikely the walking dead maze would open all year round

Every single other Walking Dead attraction across the globe became a permanent addition and I don't see this being any different. It's not a wise choice imo, scare attractions all year round do not work in the UK as we have seen before. The end of the "Goodbye 2017" video implied something horror related coming next year and the quote "See you at the safe zone" is very Walking Dead-ish. One of the mazes will be open all year, and if Thorpe have any sense whatsoever it will be Living Nightmare, not Sanctum...

Also, how are people seriously believing that X could be rethemed to TWD. That is never going to happen. It underwent a refurbishment mid-season to spruce the ride up a little bit: The removal of the entrance is most likely a continuation of that surely? Not to mention that X is a fairly popular family coaster that does get long queues on busy days. It really does not seem plausible for them to give it a horror theme.

On 25/11/2017 at 3:21 PM, 1729 said:

I think its obvious whats happening to X

there turning the last car around so you can "brave it backwards for 2018" ;p 

omg

You've genuinely cottoned on to something... Of course! Why didn't we think of it before? It's genius!

X was made to travel forwards for this very reason! They were waiting for a particularly low-investment year, when they would turn it backwards once more... And now, hey presto, a new World's First experience for 2018!!

I think Merlin have this World's First thing down much more than we give them credit for, and this is the proof.

I'm really surprised and disappointed that they didn't take this opportunity to change Saw - The ride and upgrade it to Jigsaw - The Ride. Jigsaw has grossed over 100 million now and Saw - The ride was Merlins biggest success at that point so feel like they are missing out not doing this to be honest :( it would also have been a great to upgrade Saw Alive to Jigsaw Alive to soak up the queues off Jigsaw would of made perfect sense to me damn you Thorpe park 

• JoshC. pinned this topic
  • JoshC. unpinned this topic