The Walking Dead: The Ride - Speculation and 'Construction'

JoshC.

34 minutes ago, Marc said:

Wouldnt get your hopes up about CCR ever returning, I'm pretty sure all of the 90% of track has been taken up now, along with that the trains which have sat there for 4 years or so now would probably take a lot of work to get going again. 

Yep I agree can't see it coming back.  Only the section between the crossings remain and behind Lumber Jump its been all turfed over. 

Yeah the 4 trains have been stationary and to my knowledge only 1 works and that one cant run a service and shouldn't work due to age

be cheaper to start from scratch. though at the current moment the space is used better as the horror maze than the train ride

plus the fact they kind of built a house on the trackbed for platform 15

I can't see Canada Creek Railway returning anytime soon unfortunately.

As others have mentioned much of the track has now been removed and the locomotives will probably require a lot of work to restore them to working order again. 

Whats more, much of the space the trains once circuited cannot be used Platform 15 and the kids flats occupy a large swathe of this space now. Even the station is now used for Tug's queue line as a fact. 

Cannot see them demolishing the existing/remaining structures until they need to. I guess the fate of Loggers could conclude this.

Has anyone given a thought that with the reworking of the building for the walking dead, if we could be seeing the entrance moved towards the back of the building ? It would see the end of the terrible long endless corridoors etc and could work better with having to split the queuline into 2 ext at peak times

Kinda interesting to see X's entrance disappear like that, so something's going on with it which is quite substantial. Whether it's a re-theme or moving of the entrance to the back, just as long as it's not closing down permanently for another scare maze, that's all that matters.

Thinking about it more and more, Living Nightmare being made permanent would take away some exclusivity behind Fright Nights and now it's been open for several weeks this year, how can it be made a world first or be classed as new for 2018? The phrase 'safe zone' could link to a building, in this case being X's pyramid. Both attractions are in the same building; one open year-round, the other for Fright Nights.

Could it be X will become the 'World's first Walking Dead roller coaster'? Please no...

A Walking Dead theme for a family coaster??!! Next thing you know Platform 15 will get a Thomas the tank engine retheme where rather than looking for the conductor, you are looking for the fat controller!! Then again with Alton Towers giving it’s family wooden coaster a Wicker Man theme, why not I guess!!.

Does a horror theme really work for a family coaster though? Thirteen when new was not only called out on the ridiculous marketing behind it, but the nature of it being too scary for younger riders, and now we could see the same thing happen all over again with theming a wooden coaster on flippin’ Wicker Man at the same park for crying out loud.

But for Walking Dead on the other hand taking over X possibly? That’s the riskiest one yet. The franchise is popular and most people are familiar with what it entails. If a family for instance who visits the park knows the franchise well with two younger kids aged 7-9, do you think they would be happy to allow them onto a ride which could potentially terrify them if there’s no age restriction?

This to me seems like a quick and easy way to use yet another IP at the park which appeals to their core market. But by doing so, they are alienating their younger audience further and families might discover in 2018 their kid’s favourite coaster can no longer be ridden due to a new height/age restriction imposed on a horror franchise-themed ride.

I’m all for seeing existing rides being spruced up when they need it, but not if it means narrowing your audience.

For years X had a 1.4 height restriction and was deemed a thrill ride. And going backwards by no means made it a "thrill coaster" but no one complained. If it goes back to that way so be it, if they do it properly then yeah it could be good.

If there's a ride and its themed around the Walking Dead but only has a 1 metre height restriction and you as the parent choose to take them on it fully knowing its themed around a horror zombie TV franchise, that's your issue.

You may say so be it but when you have two young boys who love going to thorpe mainly because of X then if they can’t go on it then that leaves it a bit boring for them and I’m sure other family’s would say the same , they shouldn’t put of family’s coming there’s enough older rides there already 

• JoshC. pinned this topic
  • JoshC. unpinned this topic