The Walking Dead: The Ride - Speculation and 'Construction'

JoshC.

It is a very nice piece of concept art in the fact that it looks hyperrealistic.  On quick glance you would think it's a photo.  And I expect that will be representative of the final result too.

9 hours ago, EpicSmatty said:

I get the feeling that the idea behind it is that the apocalypse has happened and the survivors have decided to take over X as a safe zone, which is why the building is the same colour (plus Merlin's lack of will to repaint anything at Thorpe).

I think it's simply a case of they couldn't repaint X, rather than not wanting to.  Plus I'm not sure what colour they could really paint the pyramid anyways (and any ideas people may have would probably be too dark and dreary).  That and, if they could repaint X, it would mean repainting Ghost Train's shed too so it didn't stick out.

If the concept art is an accurate representation of the final product it could give us a clue as to the story of the ride. The sign on the left, "Sanctuary for all, community for all etc etc" references Terminus from the WD franchise, a supposed safezone which actually turns out to be home to a group of cannibals.

22 minutes ago, adam_sparks1 said:

Via a ITV article. Can't see too much but the station area is looking good. Actually looking forward to this...3bf9eea51631d20106d80fbb75fbec6c.jpgeec5a090a7c50c4ece99671ac7d38b12.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So they haven’t done anything to trains then.

The article is a CV for Jordan, basically a nationwide advert that someone got a promotion.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2018-03-06/thorpe-parks-new-rollercoaster-tester-swings-into-action/

Jordan Middleton's career has reached new heights - after she landed her dream job as a rollercoaster and attractions excellence tester at Thorpe Park Resort.

Jordan's first day in the role saw her try out their new The Walking Dead: the Ride, for passenger comfort and fright value.

Jordan, 27, is more than qualified for the job - having ridden 840 rollercoasters in more than 50 different cities and countries around the world.

20 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

If you look reaaaaaalllly carefully you can see where it used to say Thorpe Park on the front of those amazing trains. Ahem. Second only to Disney, lads!

I noticed that, I'd guess the trains will get new vynals but will see soon! 

8 hours ago, Ringo said:

So they haven’t done anything to trains then.

The article is a CV for Jordan, basically a nationwide advert that someone got a promotion. 

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2018-03-06/thorpe-parks-new-rollercoaster-tester-swings-into-action/

Well it definitely comes across like that. It's very "Jordan jordan jordan" rather than "thorpe park thorpe park thorpe park". Using business news for personal gain.

Thorpe park mentions: 2
Jordan mentions: 8

Possibly the worst marketing campaign ever and turned it into as you said, a press relase about a job promotion as some excellence manager... And what seems to be false advertising going by what people have been told to say. Like this ride is operational now....:good:

Can't say I'm impressed given the trains look no different and the indentation "THORPE PARK" is still visible on the front. I know the ride is still being worked on and this could change later but please, at least make some amount of effort to get your marketing material looking decent guys...

What concerns me more in that image is the floor on the other side of the platform hasn't been painted to match the new Walking Dead theme, which says it all to me really. If something as basic and easy as that isn't looked after, what hope is there for the rest?

EDIT: Just seen this additional photo online and I'll leave it here, annotated and let you decide if this all seems like a thorough retheme, or a cheap and quick rehash of a 22 y.o. coaster. Such quality and attention-to-detail in the offload station here it's unreal......

DXoCQ5VXUAAVa9v.jpg_large 2.jpg

Ugh,"The Walking Dead, The Ride" looks exactly how I expected it to. The graffiti station looks like an authentic abandoned car park I guess, at least on the side they bothered to do. Minimal theming, same trains have been kept with the vinyl literally scraped off. It's just the easiest, cheapest theme possible and people will no doubt praise Thorpe for basically making this ride ready for the scrap yard when the IP runs out. The concept art showed signs of hope and new / refurbed trains but alas, those first pictures have blown that flame of intrigue right out.

3 minutes ago, JD1292 said:

If this is supposed to be the station and the gates are to the right, then wouldn't the direction of the train imply that its would be going backwards again? 

I think it's the exit station, the door in the photos is in the right position for it to be

• JoshC. unpinned this topic