BaronC.

New for 2018 - Tiger Rock

Figured we may as well have a new topic for Tiger Rock, the retheme of Dragon Falls that will also bring an end to the Mystic East area, which will now be renamed 'Land of the Tiger'...

https://www.chessington.com/2018/

On park advertising is also about...

22552726_1484314244956420_25805241835757

22540045_1484314281623083_22208571394911

Images from 'UK Theme Parks' Facebook

The name should have just been Tiger Falls, but the area name sounds awful, especially with Land of the Dragons already in the park. It's amazing to think people get paid to think of such awful, unoriginal names. I guess I got to be grateful it's not an IP:)

When even the concept / promotion artwork doesn't make something look good you know in real life it really is going to be crap.

So we've gone from those wonderful majestic drop surrounds, to a bare trough off of a warehouse roof through a small splash through tiger head at the bottom.

Progress!

I'm just intrigued to see what is meant to be happening on the other side of Mystic East. The plans only show modifications to the area around the drop and Peeking Heights location 

I don't know about this ride, it could be the best themed ride in the park, or it could be a piece of crap...  Chessington please use your money on things you need, like immersion! Remember Vampire in 1990? Wow, that was amazing! Can you do that to Tiger Rock?

IMG_20171028_120141_130.jpg

Really it's just a redecoration with an easy rebrand to sell it as something bigger than it is. The ride will probably feel exactly the same, sadly. Good that the drop zone will no longer look awful, but it should never have got into that state in the first place.

It will be a huge insult to paying visitors if the tunnel is not properly sorted during this refurbishment. It has been terrible and embarassing since they removed the second half, so all the back end of various buildings are exposed, and the waterfall effect gone missing, and the dragon falling apart.