Have your say!!  

33 members have voted

1. 1. When would you like this meet to happen?

• Saturday, 2nd December
    • Saturday, 9th December
    • Saturday, 16th December
  2. 2. Do you want to partake in secret santa??

3. 3. Where would you like to eat?

• Nando's
    • Chiquitos
    • TGI Fridays
    • Other (if so, suggest below!!)

This poll is closed to new votes

Hello all!

The provisional date for this meet is currently Saturday, 16th December but as ever you forum lot have the power to decide, the poll for the meet date will be closing in two weeks (8pm on Monday, 6th November). If you find yourself joining us, this is what we could be getting up to...

10:30-10:45 meet at London Waterloo station, underneath the clock, just infront of WHSmiths (if you're late we won't wait, sorry!)

10:45 we'll start making our way to the London Eye on the Southbank, here people that may need to obtain tickets for the Merlin attractions can do so before we get onto the eye at about 11

11:30-13:00 (ish) once we hop off the eye (hopefully we'll have some kind of actual view this year lol) we'll head over to the Dungeons to get ourselves well and truly spooked 

13:00-14:00 we'll be stopping for lunch, which may or may not end up being Mcdonald's for the sake of convenience

14:00-15:00/15:30 the group shall split for a while here, some may go and visit Sea Life whilst others might want to go and visit Shrek's Adventure

15:00/15:30 everyone will meet back up outside the attractions before returning back to Waterloo where we'll be getting the tube to Baker Street

16:00-17:00 once we get to Baker Street, some may choose to go and visit Madame Tussauds whilst other might want to sit and wait in a nearby Wetherspoons

17:00-19:00 afterwards we'll be having a (hopefully lovely) group meal at a place that is to be determined by you, where we'll be doing secret santa, that always provides some entertainment!!

19:00-22:00 now for the part of the meet everyone's been waiting for, we'll be heading over to Winter Wonderland for the remainder of the evening, which is a nice way to end the meet and the year as TPM 

If you want to attend this meet or partake in secret santa, as ever please let myself know. I'll be sorting out secret santa about three weeks before the meet is to take place, so let us know ASAP if you want to take part!

Hope to see you all there :)

Attending:

• BaronC. (not WW)
  • Doc
  • Felicity
  • J.S217 (maybe)
  • Kerfuffle
  • Liam T
  • Marc
  • Martin.C 
  • Martin Doyle (WW)
  • Mattgwise
  • MattyMoo 
  • Mer
  • Mr Fish
  • Nick Hutson
  • OldFarmerDean (from meal)
  • RobF (Spoons onwards)
  • Ryan
  • StevenVig
  • Stuntman707
  • Terrortomb
  • ThrillNation (from meal)
  • Timber Creek (from 5:30/6)

• paige pinned this topic

Hi, Put me down as a maybe please I would like to go but it depends on work rotas and because we have a choice of 3 dates I cant request all 3 days off work and when the date is confirmed  it will be to late to request the time off as work rota will be out.

So its a case of luck of the draw TBH.

Also I may have to meet later on in the day or leave before the end to. Will confirm when I know. Hope to see you guys soon though.

• 2 weeks later...

Mod post:

The poll is for people to vote for days they can do. Not for people to fix and ask their mates to vote for who may not even turn up and they're just trying to make the numbers so the date they want wins. The whole point is to vote for a majority so we can get the most people to the meet, New and old members and not just regulars or 'cliques'

The above 2 votes were as a joke against Paige and will be stricken. It's unfair to close the poll early as some people may be waiting on a work decision etc so I am reopening it and it will close tomorrow at 8pm as planned.

Any issues please PM me. Keep voting unbiased for the success of the meets :)

Hello everyone I just want to put my input over this I would of loved to of gone to this meet up but I couldn't book it off work. I have a great suggestion either have fixed dates no voting have trips planned way in advance with dates or have voting but have that way in advance and close it say 3 months before the meet therefore you would attract more people further afield who can book accommodation and cheaper travel. I also think you should be more involved on Facebook posting up meets and have like a link to the forum where they can create an account I had someone speak to me on last day of season at Thorpe did hear about TPM but didn't know how to get involved/join meet ups.

7 minutes ago, Daniel.S313 said:

Hello everyone I just want to put my input over this I would of loved to of gone to this meet up but I couldn't book it off work. I have a great suggestion either have fixed dates no voting have trips planned way in advance with dates or have voting but have that way in advance and close it say 3 months before the meet therefore you would attract more people further afield who can book accommodation and cheaper travel. I also think you should be more involved on Facebook posting up meets and have like a link to the forum where they can create an account I had someone speak to me on last day of season at Thorpe did hear about TPM but didn't know how to get involved/join meet ups.

Cheers for feedback, we are still finalising details for 2018 but it’s likely we may have fixed dates for the meets well in advance :) 

The votes have been counted and the date has been confirmed as Saturday 16th December! Please let me know if you plan on attending and I'll add you to the list. 

Regarding the meal, TGI's and Nandos have an even amount of votes, I'll try and book a table for TGI's (don't have much hope though) and Nandos will be our backup.

See you all next month! :)