Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

TPC

They will have to offer a good refresh this year to get me interested and pay for tickets after all this Walking Dead year stuff. New audio, better atmosphere, improved mazes. If it's more of the same, I'd rather do more independant events this year especially since my annual pass has expired. I would like to try Towers Scarefest though.

THIS IS WHAT I THINK THIS YEARS MAZE LINEUP AND LOCATIONS WILL BE

MAZES RETURNING FOR 2018

TWD LIVING NIGHTMARE: NEW FINALE (SAME LOCATION AS 2017)

THE BIG TOP: NEW SCENES (SAME LOCATION AS 2017)

PLATFORM 15: NEW FINALE (SAME LOCATION AS 2017)

TWD SANCTUM: NEW SCENES & FINALE (SAME LOCATION AS 2017)

SAW ALIVE: NEW FINALE (SAME LOCATION AS 2017)

MAZES NOT RETURNING FOR 2018:

CONTAINMENT

WE KNOW THERE'S GONNA BE A NEW MAZE FOR 2018 BUT THERE'S RUMORS OF BLAIR WITCH FROM FRIGHT NIGHTS 2013-2016 RETURNING FOR 2018 BUT I THINK IT WON'T HOWEVER I WOULD LIKE TO SEE STUDIO 13 FROM FRIGHT NIGHTS 2014 RETURN FOR 2018 AND I'D LIKE TO SEE IT BEING LOCATED IN THE LAKE VIEW MARQUEE WITH A MULTI ROUTE OPTION or if not MAYBE A MASHUP MAZE with scenes from previous mazes like the freezer,hellgate,experiment 10,the curse,SE7EN ETC

Personally I be very surprised if Sanctum returned for a second year. Its construction of containers means it was completely removed and felt to me like a temporary maze rather than a maze used for several years. The location is also didn't handle rain as shown during the last year. Also to get to it required putting it in the backstage which not sure if could be handled well operationally

Still could be surprised but it felt like a maze that wouldn't return again

Still Platform 15 would prob have a few tweaks I be surprised if you get any more major changes (like a house being plonked in a railway trackbed) maybe they improve the tunnel more. not sure how, you cant make it shorter or wider due to it passing through a "ride area" of saw 

still we have to see what happens

17 hours ago, 1729 said:

Personally I be very surprised if Sanctum returned for a second year. Its construction of containers means it was completely removed and felt to me like a temporary maze rather than a maze used for several years. The location is also didn't handle rain as shown during the last year. Also to get to it required putting it in the backstage which not sure if could be handled well operationally

Still could be surprised but it felt like a maze that wouldn't return again

Still Platform 15 would prob have a few tweaks I be surprised if you get any more major changes (like a house being plonked in a railway trackbed) maybe they improve the tunnel more. not sure how, you cant make it shorter or wider due to it passing through a "ride area" of saw 

still we have to see what happens

Thats not to say a ‘show building/tent’ or something similar to the house couldnt be added to break up the tunnel scene or shorten it in some way. At present its far to long and  very dull

On 8/4/2018 at 5:27 AM, NASHERTV_YT said:

THIS IS WHAT I THINK THIS YEARS MAZE LINEUP AND LOCATIONS WILL BE

MAZES RETURNING FOR 2018

TWD LIVING NIGHTMARE: NEW FINALE (SAME LOCATION AS 2017)

THE BIG TOP: NEW SCENES (SAME LOCATION AS 2017)

PLATFORM 15: NEW FINALE (SAME LOCATION AS 2017)

TWD SANCTUM: NEW SCENES & FINALE (SAME LOCATION AS 2017)

SAW ALIVE: NEW FINALE (SAME LOCATION AS 2017)

MAZES NOT RETURNING FOR 2018:

CONTAINMENT

WE KNOW THERE'S GONNA BE A NEW MAZE FOR 2018 BUT THERE'S RUMORS OF BLAIR WITCH FROM FRIGHT NIGHTS 2013-2016 RETURNING FOR 2018 BUT I THINK IT WON'T HOWEVER I WOULD LIKE TO SEE STUDIO 13 FROM FRIGHT NIGHTS 2014 RETURN FOR 2018 AND I'D LIKE TO SEE IT BEING LOCATED IN THE LAKE VIEW MARQUEE WITH A MULTI ROUTE OPTION or if not MAYBE A MASHUP MAZE with scenes from previous mazes like the freezer,hellgate,experiment 10,the curse,SE7EN ETC

Please refrain from keeping the Caps lock button on it's bloody annoying.

The marque won't be used. That's a corporate space.

The pop badge calendar tells all. I'd say it was irrelevant if not for the Fright Nights 2018 pop badge. If this is anything to go by, the lineup will be:

Big Top, Platform, Living Nightmare, Saw Alive, Sanctum and a new maze.

There's rumours flying around about what the new maze could be and where it would go, the strongest one being that The Blair Witch is returning. We'll likely find out on September 2nd according to this calendar.

Realistically, the IAC area is the only free space I could think of for a new maze...

popopopopop.jpg

On 8/5/2018 at 4:34 PM, RobF said:

Thats not to say a ‘show building/tent’ or something similar to the house couldnt be added to break up the tunnel scene or shorten it in some way. At present its far to long and  very dull

There is a lot more that goes into building mazes then just shoving a tent in the middle of something. There's also a reason why the tunnel is as long as it is, and never been broken up.

10 minutes ago, WOLAS said:

There is a lot more that goes into building mazes then just shoving a tent in the middle of something. There's also a reason why the tunnel is as long as it is, and never been broken up.

Yes I know its ride area, however thats not to say it cant directly join a slightly wider room section without any gaps.

I’m assuming the new maze will be where zombie hunt is now as I can’t think of anywhere else with enough space (apart from the beach which won’t be used due to problems in previous years), this also leads me to think that it is highly likely that the third maze will also be walking dead themed as Thorpe won’t put in the effort to completely change what is currently there. If this is true it’ll be a real shame 

1 hour ago, Jack said:

I’m assuming the new maze will be where zombie hunt is now as I can’t think of anywhere else with enough space (apart from the beach which won’t be used due to problems in previous years), this also leads me to think that it is highly likely that the third maze will also be walking dead themed as Thorpe won’t put in the effort to completely change what is currently there. If this is true it’ll be a real shame 

Honestly I think the new maze this year will Most Likely be where the zombie Hunt exit is at the Moment and I've heard that a maze from the past is returning there's rumours of Blair witch returning which I think is not going to happen and in my opinion I think Studio 13 will return as it's not a IP Maze whereas Blair witch is A IP

I honestly think that Containment going really isn't a loss, honestly it wasn't worth the money IMO and I think it won't be missed at all.

I wouldn't mind a third Walking Dead maze, I think as long as they make it well themed and fun that is one step above what Containment ever was.

I think Platform and Big Top returning will be enough to make the event as good as last year, Living Nightmare is also a decent maze IMO.

Sanctum I hope they heavily change and extend, if so then it could be a really good warm-up attraction for the bigger mazes.

Saw Alive will probably be mundane as per usual, but if the new maze is good then I think this could be a great lineup.