Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

TPC

On 8/11/2018 at 4:04 PM, NASHERTV_YT said:

Honestly I think the new maze this year will Most Likely be where the zombie Hunt exit is at the Moment and I've heard that a maze from the past is returning there's rumours of Blair witch returning which I think is not going to happen and in my opinion I think Studio 13 will return as it's not a IP Maze whereas Blair witch is A IP

Nasher has nailed it. Studio 13 is returning, triumphantly, and they’ve just started knocking down I’m a Celebrity to make way for it. Well done Nasher! How did you know!? ?

On 8/11/2018 at 10:39 PM, JoshuaA said:

I honestly think that Containment going really isn't a loss, honestly it wasn't worth the money IMO and I think it won't be missed at all.

I wouldn't mind a third Walking Dead maze, I think as long as they make it well themed and fun that is one step above what Containment ever was.

I think Platform and Big Top returning will be enough to make the event as good as last year, Living Nightmare is also a decent maze IMO.

Sanctum I hope they heavily change and extend, if so then it could be a really good warm-up attraction for the bigger mazes.

Saw Alive will probably be mundane as per usual, but if the new maze is good then I think this could be a great lineup.

I wish people would look past a terrible pop badge release board which everyone hopes is some amazing elusive reveal schedule. Containment will be back this year. 

11 hours ago, WWTPRadio said:

Nasher has nailed it. Studio 13 is returning, triumphantly, and they’ve just started knocking down I’m a Celebrity to make way for it. Well done Nasher! How did you know!? ?

The Only reason why I say Studio 13 is returning is because of what I've been told/hinted by staff at the park and evidence that I've found

evidence:

The previous fright nights poster wall from the finale corridor from Studio 13 is inside zombie hunt's director scene

The Director was the Main Character/icon of fright nights 2013-2014

staff told us everything inside zombie hunt has Something to do with fright nights 2018

and Studio 13 is a Maze that was created by thorpe themselves and is not a IP From Lionsgate/AMC and it's been 2 years since we've had a Non IP Maze and the last one which was created by thorpe themselves is Platform 15

and finally I've just got a big feeling that Studio 13 is returning

35 minutes ago, NASHERTV_YT said:

The Only reason why I say Studio 13 is returning is because of what I've been told/hinted by staff at the park and evidence that I've found

evidence:

The previous fright nights poster wall from the finale corridor from Studio 13 is inside zombie hunt's director scene

The Director was the Main Character/icon of fright nights 2013-2014

staff told us everything inside zombie hunt has Something to do with fright nights 2018

and Studio 13 is a Maze that was created by thorpe themselves and is not a IP From Lionsgate/AMC and it's been 2 years since we've had a Non IP Maze and the last one which was created by thorpe themselves is Platform 15

and finally I've just got a big feeling that Studio 13 is returning

I wouldn’t get your hopes up - They won’t rip out the permanent I’m a Celebrity for a fright night maze - I’d be very Surprised to see Studio 13 of any fright night maze to be in that area any time soon.

44 minutes ago, Marc said:

I wouldn’t get your hopes up - They won’t rip out the permanent I’m a Celebrity for a fright night maze - I’d be very Surprised to see Studio 13 of any fright night maze to be in that area any time soon.

I Agree,I'll be surprised if studio 13 doesn't return,but if it does the location will defiantly be in a marquee of some sort,because I doubt thorpe would close I'm a celeb half way through summer just to build a maze that would be open for a few weeks,but the Studio 13 maze would Most Likely be in a marquee near I'm A Celeb or near the Blair witch route because  they could have a outdoor section  

I must admit I do find the theories funny. I love how much stock people take from the staff. I do think it’s a bit like Chinese whispers amongst staff. I also find it incredibly hard to believe that the management of the park tell seasonal staff all of the latest information. 

As for the Studio 13 stuff, it might come back, but how often do you ever see a maze come back thats been totally canned?? The props are used in zombie hunt but is that not as zombie hunt was low budget and somewhere there is a bit warehouse of the old props they decided to use?? 

How about we all just enjoy the summer and see what the park announces??? 

22 hours ago, NASHERTV_YT said:

That itself is enough to tell me, it's highly likely that it wont return. A lot of staff like to think they know what's going on, when in fact they know nothing. I can vouch, first hand with this. 

Like if studio 13 did return, where would it go?! Outside? haha.

As for the director stuff, it was around the last two years but never returned.  Just remember, Big Top started it's build in 5 days time, this time last year.

So thorpe Park resort has Confirmed that Containment will return for fright nights 2018 I Still have No idea whether Containment  will Still be a payed attraction but Knowing thorpe it will be a up charge attraction and for the rest of the  lineup we are still unsure but we know Living Nightmare will be returning,I Personally Think that Living Nightmare Extreme will return for fright nights due to the Extreme  signs are still on the restriction boards at the entrance and the queue line Extreme sign is inside the maze control room and I also think this will be Saw Alive's last Fright night  due to too much costs to run and open due to the location of it being on a boat, I Also think Sanctum will return with new scenes and I'd Like to see a Scene inside a Shipping Container as I've heard rumors that Thorpe Park Has Received some shipping containers from Alton towers also 2018 will see  the return of Platform 15 with a Reworked finale and  Also the big top will return however there's a bit of speculation going on about The Big Top's return with speculation saying  that the Big Top may have a relocation for 2018 with a rumor being that big top maybe relocated to  inside the lake side marquee,personally I really don't think big top will be moved to the Lake View marquee due to it being a corporate space and the new maze I'm  still unsure what the new maze will be  but thorpe park are due to announce this on  the 2nd September according to the the pop badge Calendar but I'm Sure it will be on the route of Blair witch with a potential entrance being where the Brown gate near Rumba Rapids which is opened during closed Season being the entrance and the queue line being located in that area and a possible  exit at area Next to I'm a celebrity maze where Zombie Hunt's Exit currently is  A lot of rumours are going around the new maze could potentially be the return of Blair Witch,Personally I Don't see Blair witch returning due to it being a IP From Lionsgate and the Contract ran out after fright nights 2016 hence why Cabin In The Woods was removed and was replaced with Living Nightmare and with those hands being repainted on the shed I Think it could relate to walkers so Possibly  a new walking dead maze  which would mean That The Whole Event would be a WALKING DEAD TAKEOVER but in the 2016 Blair Witch film you can see the same red painted hands on a wall inside the final house which could  be related to why the red Hands were Repainted on the Blair Witch shed but this is all speculation!.

Nasher, I’m sorry.

Fantastic thoughts and opinions there, honestly, truly magical, and how you’ve reached some of those conclusions, you deserve a pop badge or something....

But come on man, paragraphs, grammar, spaces - I’ve got to go and lie down after that absolute twaddle. I’ve got a headache.

By the way, Saw Alive has always been on a boat...

3 minutes ago, WWTPRadio said:

Nasher, I’m sorry.

Fantastic thoughts and opinions there, honestly, truly magical, and how you’ve reached some of those conclusions, you deserve a pop badge or something....

But come on man, paragraphs, grammar, spaces - I’ve got to go and lie down after that absolute twaddle. I’ve got a headache.

By the way, Saw Alive has always been on a boat...

I know saw alive has always been on boat I'm just saying that Blair witch will never return

Nasher - I’m not quoting your previous comment as it is too long but...

Jesus bloody Christ! I’m sorry but did you go to school? Or even nursery? 

Also most of the ‘rumours’ you mention are your own awful opinion that you try to cover up with the word ‘rumour’. We all see it bud!

Its just completely absurd that you think Studio 13 could return but not Blair witch, when the Blair witch path is literally the only space with enough room which is deemed ‘safe’ for the park to use for a RUMOURED (correct use of the word) new attraction.

I’m sorry if this comes across as offensive or rude but I’m sure I’m being the voice of many others who don’t say it as they don’t want a warning or ban from the site.

STOP FILLING THESE FORUMS WITH YOUR STUPIDITY!!!!

On 8/18/2018 at 7:51 PM, NASHERTV_YT said:

So thorpe Park resort has Confirmed that Containment will return for fright nights 2018 I Still have No idea whether Containment  will Still be a payed attraction but Knowing thorpe it will be a up charge attraction and for the rest of the  lineup we are still unsure but we know Living Nightmare will be returning,I Personally Think that Living Nightmare Extreme will return for fright nights due to the Extreme  signs are still on the restriction boards at the entrance and the queue line Extreme sign is inside the maze control room and I also think this will be Saw Alive's last Fright night  due to too much costs to run and open due to the location of it being on a boat, I Also think Sanctum will return with new scenes and I'd Like to see a Scene inside a Shipping Container as I've heard rumors that Thorpe Park Has Received some shipping containers from Alton towers also 2018 will see  the return of Platform 15 with a Reworked finale and  Also the big top will return however there's a bit of speculation going on about The Big Top's return with speculation saying  that the Big Top may have a relocation for 2018 with a rumor being that big top maybe relocated to  inside the lake side marquee,personally I really don't think big top will be moved to the Lake View marquee due to it being a corporate space and the new maze I'm  still unsure what the new maze will be  but thorpe park are due to announce this on  the 2nd September according to the the pop badge Calendar but I'm Sure it will be on the route of Blair witch with a potential entrance being where the Brown gate near Rumba Rapids which is opened during closed Season being the entrance and the queue line being located in that area and a possible  exit at area Next to I'm a celebrity maze where Zombie Hunt's Exit currently is  A lot of rumours are going around the new maze could potentially be the return of Blair Witch,Personally I Don't see Blair witch returning due to it being a IP From Lionsgate and the Contract ran out after fright nights 2016 hence why Cabin In The Woods was removed and was replaced with Living Nightmare and with those hands being repainted on the shed I Think it could relate to walkers so Possibly  a new walking dead maze  which would mean That The Whole Event would be a WALKING DEAD TAKEOVER but in the 2016 Blair Witch film you can see the same red painted hands on a wall inside the final house which could  be related to why the red Hands were Repainted on the Blair Witch shed but this is all speculation!.

So basically you are still guessing, with little to no evidence or any rumours!  Can I see the copy of the Lionsgate contract you have?

Could you also add some structure to your post, it's all over the place and very hard to follow. Adding paragraphs for each maze, would have been wonderful. 

Nah, sod Asylum or Experiment 10, the maze everyone wants back for 2018 is the amazing ‘The Passing’ of course! Always missed those highly detailed white-painted walls, UV death certificate and the £3 up-charge, all with a black bag over your head the entire time, hiding your eyes from Hellgate’s previous theming.

But, admittedly, 2010’s ‘Dead End Terror Zone’ is the one that needs to come back more than any other. Nothing screamed “2nd to Disney” quality more than a single actor jumping out from behind Mr. Giraffe with a Tesco Value Halloween mask on their face.

Ah, those were the days... ?

I have a feeling that Big Top won't be coming back this year. There seems to be no activity around building it, Neptune's Beach is being used for Love Island (Even though BT was relocated last year) and the general consensus seems to be that it may have run its course and rather than refresh it badly, it's time to introduce something else..

1 minute ago, daboywunda said:

I have a feeling that Big Top won't be coming back this year. There seems to be no activity around building it, Neptune's Beach is being used for Love Island (Even though BT was relocated last year) and the general consensus seems to be that it may have run its course and rather than refresh it badly, it's time to introduce something else..

The big top was only on the beach for 1 year ... there is still plenty of time to get it ready

It's true that, this time last year, the Big Top tent was built and maze construction had started. Equally, when Big Top was on the beach, construction didn't start until early September.

Let's not jump to conclusions about what that means, but just look at the gulf in quality between Big Top v1 and Big Top v3, and let that speak for itself for now.

I hope we get something in the way of marketing soon. Whilst I hate making comparisons, Towers have announced their line up, given a tease of their new attraction, and been building for weeks now. Fills me with more confidence that their event will be under control, that's for sure.

17 minutes ago, ChiapasC. said:

I hope we get something in the way of marketing soon. Whilst I hate making comparisons, Towers have announced their line up, given a tease of their new attraction, and been building for weeks now. Fills me with more confidence that their event will be under control, that's for sure. 

It's very possible that Thorpe themselves haven't confirmed their offering yet.. We'd have seen stuff LONG before this point this time last year, surely? And if it's the case that they haven't finalised it yet, then it looks increasingly unlikely that anything that requires a sophisticated build will make an appearance this year. I think the only thing that is safe is The Walking Dead Maze in some iteration..

Have they started recruiting yet, do we know?