Fright Nights 2018 - General Discussion

TPC

2 minutes ago, danhabbi said:

The website ticker says "

FRIGHT NIGHTS IS COMING AND THIS YEAR, NOWHERE IS SAFE! | MORE MAZES & SCARE EXPERIENCES TO BE ANNOUNCED 7TH SEPTEMBER 7AM" put the picture says 11th so who knows

The date on the ticker has changed to Tuesday 11th 7am. So, we do have a whole week to wait..

EDIT: GetEchoes beat me to it!

57 minutes ago, GetEchoes said:

Not saying it would stop them, but as they have experience (never know might even be some of the props and inside stuff) the decision might been made not to use them and rather than build a worse version than the year before from people who have not had experience - they just didnt. Just a theory.

The Big Top 16/17 was created in house by staff, who didn't return for 2018 season. Nothing to do with Thorpe not wanting to use them or not.

2 minutes ago, GetEchoes said:

Think its just been updated..... Someones having a bad day lol 

First the spelling mistakes, and this.. they need to fire whoever is in charge of this madness

Just now, ProudToServe said:

The Big Top 16/17 was created in house by staff, who didn't return for 2018 season. Nothing to do with Thorpe not wanting to use them or not.

Again not my point... I said that Figaro did the Construction - its them they might not want to use for some reason, that was my point. 

Forget it - pretend I didnt say anything....

3 minutes ago, GetEchoes said:

Again not my point... I said that Figaro did the Construction - its them they might not want to use for some reason, that was my point. 

It’s ok GetEchoes, just take 5 and put two and two together. You should work it out.

or you might Figaro it out....

7 minutes ago, GetEchoes said:

But that is your point, saying thorpe didn't want Figaro... when the staff (now started a company) chose not to return to thorpe after starting up their own business after the 2017 season. It's not that hard to understand?

Okay so at the end of the announcement we had today, at the end it says “do not adjust your set” and I google searched the quote and it came up with a 1968 children’s tv show.. and in the announcement u see a tv and there is a tv looking exactly the same from the show saying “do not adjust your set”.... please just be a coincidence.. or an Easter egg.. 

I swear to god if a childrens tv show from the year NO ONE WAS BORN turns into a full fledge horror maze then were all doomed. 

Oh look! A scary black and white monster from the 1960’s is coming after us! Aghhh I’m so scareeeedd -sarcasm if you didn’t already catch on-

009B6B11-0A73-4F81-AC79-E8007941CA55.jpeg

10 minutes ago, ProudToServe said:

I always wonder why Thorpe opt for a complete website takeover for events. The whole website is now walking dead related, with a warning that it's not suitable for under 13s, where any other park keep their branding the same and just make a sub site dedicated for things like FN

Easy! It’s called alienation. Or, alieatio 

‘All Thorpe Park’ on Facebook say 2 new mazes, and no big top, ‘confirmed’.

As we are confident Blair witch is one of those as the returning maze from the past, then that leaves something else... maybe a different walking dead maze in some shipping containers? Or something entirely new. I’d love a Texas chainsaw massacre maze (chop shop at tulleys is my favourite maze out there) but I think it’s unlikely :( 

12 minutes ago, EpicSmatty said:

There's a banner in the bottom right to turn off the music and it reads "X ESCAPE THE DEAD". A reference to something about the walking dead ride perhaps?

Screenshot_3.png.e11da82838332cc8c2656533648e8b9e.png

Interesting - wonder if they could do something with The Walking Dead The Ride Over Fright Nights - I saw a few people mention a live version of the pre show was in operation over summer, the exit also had more actors than usual - perhaps a test for Fright Nights?

The 'X' is a cross button, and 'Escape the dead' is there to close down the jump scare of a zombie appearing on the screen. ?

However, I agree with Marc that there's a possibility they could do something to TWDTR by adding in more actors. Who remembers back in 2009 when 'Saw The Ride Comes Alive' was an advertised attraction?

3 hours ago, MilesK said:

Found something of interest on the background image on the Fright Nights website: https://www.thorpepark.com/fright-nights-2018

"6 NEW MAZES TO BE ANNOUNCED 11TH SEPTEMBER 7AM"

Could just be to throw us off, it seems highly unlikely, but it's odd that it's in the image.

436279636_ScreenShot2018-09-05at18_10_33.png.8c94adfa878629f03729db75c6045b60.png

Is that a “6” or an “&”

I highly doubt 6 new MAZES. However they could maybe have some scare zones.

we’ll just have to wait til the 11th ?

I think Thorpe might just be pulling our leg here.. I think we'll probably only get 1-2 more maze announcements, which will probably be Sanctum and Blair.

6 mazes would be awesome but Thorpe are tight on space as it is, 6 more to the already confirmed 4 mazes would be stupidly unrealistic right?

I think it could be possible to see a few crappy half-arsed scare zones or perhaps a few more actors in the boring dead pop up, but other that I doubt we will see a large scale maze announced,

if it was to happen we would of seen some sign of construction? The only possible location I can think of is TBT's spot and the yellow markers, but I'm adamant thats gonna be a sanctum relocation tbh..

Honestly if we do get 6 new attractions it would probably be a bad thing at this point anyway as we haven't seen much construction on any of these attractions so they will probably be very rushed to be built, with the budget and current actor-crisis it would probably mean the theming would be sparse in all 6 likewise to the actors..